Search results

1. rostervandross

Corals FT: Central PA USA

Yes! A frag swap thread. I will get some pictures up of a few frags I've made as soon as I can
  2. rostervandross

RosterV's 93G coral cube

I had a very unfortunate series of events lately. I had to go up to my family's farm for a few days after my granny had her knee replaced and I ultimately did not feed this tank for four days. I also set the Metal halide light on a timer where I had been manually running it a few hours a day and...
  3. rostervandross

Roster's 75g reef

Thanks a lot stir!! One of my favorite fish this guy here. He eats almost everything and is fat and active. Thankfully. I got him several months ago without doing my research into them and how many have trouble eating in captivity and is a joy to have survive and healthy and great character...
  4. rostervandross

Noisy drains

Hey compadres, have been playing around with airline and the drains are still not ideal. Squatch that's an idea about trying to silence the gurgling through the air tubes also, but overall I'm just not really digging the drains. They have to whirlpool and suck some air in from the top every so...
  5. rostervandross

Water changes not helping nitrates, biopellets or algae scrubber?

Thanks for the word everyone, I'm going to try everything basically. to grow some macroalgae/ chaeto first off in the sump. I hope draining and dragging the sump out to spray out and take the dirty sand out of the refugium section will be a good start to with doing more detritus clean up , need...
  6. rostervandross

Shoot guys my reply got lost before I posted it. Thanks for the pointers and I will report back as soon as I can
  7. rostervandross

Target feeding my Clingfish

What kind of clingfish is it , Paul? Pretty goofy looking things, I recommend Google images searching them! Ex: Happy clingfishes
  8. rostervandross

Ramie's Fluval Evo Aquarium 13.5g

Nice the tank looks really nice. You took that first big rock out though? I really like that big rock I thought it fit really well in there, had a cave and lots of ledges etc. Good luck starting up and see ya around !
  9. rostervandross

The Stony Shallows

Good stuff all around sir, thanks for taking all the pictures you do and time to post and share them. :couch: nice "LFS" you have and "mates" for sure!
  10. rostervandross

GlennF's reefing heaven!

Super nice Glenn! Very inspirational. I got to thinking to ask you.. I got a second tank myself recently and am kind of struggling to double up all my equipment. I wonder if you have a common system in place feeding multiple tanks so you don't need multiple skimmers, dosers, reactors, etc? I'd...
  11. rostervandross

hello reef forum friends, I'm trying to get serious about getting my nitrates down. There is not really any corals or fish suffering and my tank appears healthy as can be but it's gotten to the point that my api Nitrate test is maxed dark orange to red indicating 50-80 ppm and changing 30...
  12. rostervandross

planning phase of a new 180 tank ???

Yo señor , cool to see you're thinking of doing some work with acrylic. I'm considering buying a sheet to use to build a smaller square sump for my new 30x30 cube tank also. I've never welded acrylic before but it seems pretty doable and cheaper and easy to cut compared to glass. kind of excited...
  13. rostervandross

Chipmunk's 10g Office Tank

That looks great dude, I like the 20 gallon long a lot. That was my first saltwater tank myself.
  14. rostervandross

New home made LED planted tank light

Hey fish friends , wanted to share my new light I put together (with the generous help of mr Stircrayzy!) made from 12 LED and some heatsink from rapidled.com. I basically cut the heatsink and glued it into a square / rectangle, and put 4 cool white, 2 warm white, 2 photo red, 2 royal blue, and...
  15. rostervandross

The Stony Shallows

Cool list man I had to look a few of them up. but you always have some unique fishes . And then the sump! I had a bit of a mental exercise trying to imagine how it flows :) aha!
  16. rostervandross

Sully's RSM Reefer 350

Sweeeet nice full tank shots. Really good looks. I wanted to ask, you seem to have lots of frag plugs here and there like me and they sort of drive me nuts because there are only so many holes to support them, do you have any tips or tricks? I'm thinking about getting some underwater epoxy putty...
  17. rostervandross

LPS or soft corals

Hey dude I have some frogspawns both normal tan and green and purple and green. Also have a big green finger leather coral needs trimming. And lets see, Kenya tree and Xenias. Check out my new picture in my 75 g reef chronicle .
  18. rostervandross

Roster's 75g reef

Thanks a lot dude! It is a lot of work and it isn't at the same time you know, but it's taken a lot of time and hours of work in expenses. thought i might post a shot of my freshwater tank too with the new light . Stir crayzy walked me through and helped me plan it from scratch with LEDs from...