Search results

1. Squatch XXL

Mason Dixon Reef Club Annual Summer Swap 06-01-2019

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/260978331506751/ MDRC forum: http://www.mdreefclub.com/content.php This is our yearly swap that happens at "That Fish Place" in beautiful Lancaster Pennsylvania. The vendors have anything from live fish food, frag supplies, fish, and live corals...
  2. Squatch XXL

Jaebo PP series

Whats the deal with these pieces of sh**? I had a pair of PP15s that I picked up in July 2017 and both of them died around the same time this spring (approx 9 mo old) . They have both failed In less then a year. I picked up a single PP8 and have been running a few cheapo power heads from the...
  3. Squatch XXL

Bumblebee or Harlequin Shrimp...With Wrasse

I have a hooven's wrasse currently....I am starting to not like the amount of small starfish that are visible. I am not interested in destroying the population, but am indifferent. I doubt I will ever rid my system of them. I am looking at the Bumblebee Shrimp first, only because it can live...
  4. Squatch XXL

Yellow tang. Free ONLY to a good home.

In December I will be moving. My 90 gallon "reef" is being taken down, and everything will be moved to the new home....a 40 gallon. I refuse to do this to a tang. I feel uncomfortable with it in my 90....but it is what it is. Here is my deal guys and gals. This fish is GREAT. It eats...
  5. Squatch XXL

20g nano. coral only. Advice and pointers needed. Planning stages.

If you never read anything I wrote, strap in. I am all over the place tonight. going to be downgrading to most likely a 20g...possibly a 29. This is a "travel companion" type of tank. Depending on success, I may just stick with small specialized systems. Its possible it will be set-up for...
  6. Squatch XXL

Yuma/ricordia removal and reuse.

I have a 40g tank that I would love to shut down. The only coral in it that I would like to save is a very nice yuma. It has been in the same spot since it crawled there, and seems quite content. However, it is on a rock that is huge, and will fit no where else. Any quick solution? I don't...
  7. Squatch XXL

Jaebo Wavemaker pairs and their included controllers

I was looking at a pair of jaebo wavemakers that have the included controller. They seem to "connect" with each other so that one controller runs them both and it seems very basic. Is there a function that would cause them to run opposite of eachother or do they just do the same things? Is...
  8. Squatch XXL

I need advice ASAP

I don't normally do this, but I am not normally in a pinch. I bought a fish. A Foxface Rabbitfish. It was about 4 1/2" long. It was healthy, but it died SOMEWHERE in my rockwork, and I cannot find it. I have 30ish hermit crabs. I cannot see the dead fish, but know that IF it is where I...
  9. Squatch XXL

Hoeven's Wrasse. Male or Female?

This is a current photo of the bugger. I would say it is 18mo+ in age. 2-3/4" - 3" overall (7cm)
  10. Squatch XXL

Designer corals, Trademarked Names and reselling.

I have a few questions that probably have simple answers. I am more interested in the legal aspect of it. If I purchased a specific coral, and in this case I will use an "ORA Frogskin Acropora" as an example. Can I later on frag it and sell the frags as the same? Is ORA the only entity that...
  11. Squatch XXL

DIY Fish Traps do work.

Simple plastic bottle with the neck cut off, and inverted. Held with 2 plastic zip ties. Put fish food in it. Here I caught 100% of the fish in a 40 gallon tank. It had been about 10 hours that it sat in there fishless....but when I missed feeding time, they got greedy. Wrasse got...
  12. Squatch XXL

Vinegar, Kalk and Argonite.

I am reading that people will use vinegar added to their kalk top-off to increase missing calcium AND a carbon source without affecting the PH. Seems like an effective method to cheaply increase calcium. However, calcium is only part of it. Would saturating vinegar with dissolved crushed...
  13. Squatch XXL

Mason Dixon Reef Club Spring 2017 Frag Swap

I won't be there for this one, as it is pretty far away for me. Livestock deaths would be inevitable. However, I have been to a few of our swaps and the vendor turnouts are INCREDIBLE!
  14. Squatch XXL

36" long with a pair of blackbox 3x55w LED

I have a question on orientating these 2 lights over my tank. I understand now why 3' long tanks are not all the rage. http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?threads/85-gallon-3-foot-pile-of-rocks.97121/#post-1328035 I have hooks with a "toggle" to hang this from the drywall ceiling. I...
  15. Squatch XXL

Killing cyphestra the quickest way?

I have a large rock that I want to clear a large amount of cyphestra off of. What methods would work best to kill it quick, and reintroduce it back into the tank? There is nothing alive in the tank at the moment, and I am in no rush.
  16. Squatch XXL

Wavecontroller....somewhat...

I picked something up on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/262699686853?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT MVT-WAVE There is next to nothing on the net about this that I could find. It is a basic on/off switch. It has wording on it noting that certain types of powerheads...
  17. Squatch XXL

Pocillapora VS Cyphestra.

I have a cyphestra that is beginning to get near the base of a pocillapora...and it looks like the pocci is being killed in the area around the borders. I will go so far as to say that it is killing it. Anyone else see this or have experience to confirm this sort of behavior? I will be...
  18. Squatch XXL

I am looking for a critter with very specific needs.

My 40b is doing well. I still only have a single fish (hoovens wrasse). She sleeps at night, and so is useless for what I want. Basically, I look at my tank a few times after the lights go out every night. I see LOTS of pods and snails.....I see them as potential food for something. The...
  19. Squatch XXL

Death of father, and lack of time on forums.....

First things first....This may or may not be graphic and/or offensive. This is off-topic, but I try to remember that not everyone is as callous as me. I have not been as active as usual, though I am realistic that I am probably the only person to think that. This is hands down the best world...
  20. Squatch XXL

DIY T5 Reflector measurements?

I am looking at DIY of t5 reflectors. I have unlimited access to a sheet metal break, as well as a few skilled sheet metal workers who are way more talented with the break than I am. I have scoured the internet looking for exact measurements for bends, and I do think that a simple 4-5 bend...