Search results

1. hummer41269

My DI for my ro

Well I went thew about 1k gal rodi water befor I changed the di in it now I'm like only 200 gal and I'm half way ..Why?? this is my in numbers for tds is this bad and how can I make things better my out number is ooo so that's good should I get more than one d/I not sure what I need
  2. hummer41269

Ro/di changing filters how often

How often do you all change the carriage and di in your RO/DI ???? I have mine for a month. and the the DI is about 1/2 way changed color how long do thay last ? I have made maybe 800 gal of ro/di Do you change all the filters or just the DI one when needed ?? I have the pump and...
  3. hummer41269

Curing rock

I'm curing my rock I choose not to acid wash it and just fresh ro rince and soak for a few days befor adding salt and heat I do water changes every 2 days 20 to 25% here are my water # 12 days into curing what do you all think ...help is needed an I doing it right
  4. hummer41269

Hospital tank

If quarantine is empty sw only do you still have to cycle it
  5. hummer41269

Skimming questions

When your cycling say 100gal of water and 50 lbs of bace rock can I run my skimmer
  6. hummer41269

Salt

Can you mix brands. ..say on start up I use instant ocean because its cheaper than red sea pro which is what I will be using.. what do you all think ???
  7. hummer41269

Ro/di. Copper piping in house

I have question is the copper pipe in my house and in the city line bad for my tank ???? Is the ro even going to take out the copper . I not sure what too think
  8. hummer41269

120gal build by hummer41269

Ok I'm starting a new build I have the space , some time ..lol , and some money ..well recently divorce and in charge of the finance at least ..so I plan on taking it kinda slow so as I get it I will post it I'm going with top of the line parts and and over the top planning so here we go...
  9. hummer41269

new to all

Hi everyone! I'm kind of a newbie to salt. I did have a 55 gal with a custom 40gal sump that I had built several years ago, but I no longer have. Now I am building a bigger and better reef 120 gal tank with a unique sump I am building myself. I'm planning on using a 100 gallon tub to house my...