Search results

1. spiraling

Bryopsis and Aiptasia...oh my!!!

You can also "cure" your rock and get rid of the pests (and all the good stuff) and not lose the rock. aptiasia is easy easy to get rid of with aptaisia-x (and other solutions). I have had bryopsis in a tank I started dry and QTed pretty extensively. You will get pests. How much effort you...
  2. spiraling

Red Sea Max S 650

That sounds fantastic!
  3. spiraling

Monique's reefer 525 - the addiction continues

I added a few corals a couple of weeks back. The arcos died -I assume from the dip :( I'll add more this week. I just got back from vacation and there is another bacterial bloom. Nothing major, just some cloudy water. It seems to be cycling just like Eric Bornmans article indicated. Now...
  4. spiraling

The cycle is done and i have two snails in there. The diatoms were thick and heavy and are now receding. It was interesting on the orp of the apex, I could see when the lights were on and they were producing O2,and then after a few weeks as they died off there stopped being a daily increase in...
  5. spiraling

Just waiting on the cycle. I still have nitrites. :clink:
  6. spiraling

Hitchiker that seems to be taking over

Hey Oxy, From the image i would have guessed some sort of paly. What are the distinguishing features for hydroid identifications?
  7. spiraling

Here is the light fixture. It looks so good we need replace the rest of the lights in the room now.
  8. spiraling

While I'm waiting for my Nitrites to fall..... Here is a top down shot just before I added the sand
  9. spiraling

I have to say this one is a lot of work to set up. The leaks really took a long time to get through. Lots of equipment, and my husband built a really cool light fixture. I'll try to get some photos tonight. Luckily hes into the carpentry part, no so much the fish part, but he does like...
  10. spiraling

Let's take a tour of the sump! BRS dual reactor for carbon and GFO. Currently only running carbon Vetra M1 return pump Tunze ATO manifold with drops for both reactors, and one extra for future expansion Reef Octopus 200int skimmer BRS single reactor for bio pellets. Apex salinity, ph, temp...
  11. spiraling

Full of water for about a month and cycling. Red sea promptly sent a part, and it all leaked again. Afeter much pulling of hair I realized the part I was screwing in was bad. mis-molded. I fit a new part and it went right in. Since the part I had was all glued in, I took a razor blade and...
  12. spiraling

RSM 130d ATO

yes - I install the float where the circulation pump is. If you still have two pumps you might be able to contact Red Sea and get the upgraded pump (they gave me mine for free when one of mine went out)
  13. spiraling

RSM 130d ATO

I have the tunze nano on my 130d. It works fine. I put the float in the same chamber as the return pump so that stays consistent and I don't get bubbles. I have the return water line in the heater section, but I think anywhere in the back should be fine. I put a 5 gallon bucket under the...
  14. spiraling

problems connecting reefer plumbing

Thanks Dave, the threaded fitting has some extra plastic flash on the threads that I think caused the issue. I cut those off, used thread sealant, and everything is good!
  15. spiraling

problems connecting reefer plumbing

Hi, We are setting up a reefer 525. I have a threaded fitting to the red sea fitting. I don't want to use the barb fitting. I got this one from pvcfittingsonline that many people have used 3/4" Schedule 80 PVC (MPT x S) Male 836-007 The fitting keeps leaking. Wrapped with tape, leaks...
  16. spiraling

Tap water for starters

I considered using tap water - but mine is really good. almost no nitrate or phosphate, and TDS < 10. Even then I thought 'why chance it' and spent 5 days making RODI water. I have been learning that the slow way is usually the best way in the long run. :bounce:
  17. spiraling

BTA gone?

I don't have experience in this but if it was my nem I would try to remove it into a qt tank asap. If it dies in your tank you can lose everything. Ammonia is really bad, and it could be affecting the nem badly if its not already coming from the nem.
  18. spiraling

The bulkhead leak resolved itself. It was really small, so I'm not sure what happened. The system ran great for about 3 hours, but then..... the return pipe fitting split. I'm waiting on a replacement from red sea.
  19. spiraling

bad news all around today. We tried to install the GFI and found that the plug we need is a juction, so I'll have to call an electrician to install it. Worse - the tank has a leak on the bulkhead. I finally got enough water to get into the overflow, and the return pipe bulkhead leaks. Soo...
  20. spiraling

Exciting night! finally adding water. it will be a couple of days until i can make enough rodi....:dunno: