Search results

1. G

Trigger FOWLR Build Ideas Welcome

Is it safe to assume that most of the Huma's in the LFS are not going to end up with long lives? Hard to believe they are all bound for single-fish tanks. Good point about really wanting to set up such a large tank for just one fish. Need to think hard about that.
  2. G

Trigger FOWLR Build Ideas Welcome

Hi All. I'm a noob and need some help. I want to build a FOWLR around a Humu Rectangle Triggerfish (Rhinecanthus rectangulus) (snorkeled with them all the time when I was stationed in Hawaii). I know that I want a tank built around this species, and I want to do it right. My understanding is...
  3. G

Ready to get my feet wet

Thank you all for the terrific advice. I think I am going to wait a bit longer to start so that I can make my first tank at least a Red Sea Max C250. It's the tank I have been wanting, but if I do go straight to that, I need to make it a 2015 purchase. Besides, it seems reasonable that perhaps...
  4. G

Ready to get my feet wet

Thank you both for the kind welcome. I would love to hear a bit more about why I should skip the smaller tank and go right to the 250. Is a 250 a good choice for a novice?
  5. G

Ready to get my feet wet

Hello Everyone! I've wanted a saltwater tank all my life, but as a "Navy brat" and then with my own career in the U.S. Navy, it wasn't practical. Now that I'm retired from the Navy and now have a steady civilian job, my wife has given me the OK to move forward with our first reef tank. I'm...