Search results

1. P

dosing pump general silly question - setup question

I have general question about dosing pump ... if we are to go specific, model is Jebao DP4. I intend to dose via dosing pump to sump. My question is: does the dosing pump need to be at a higher level than the sump for it to work properly? I don't intend to purchase the bracket (if I don't...
  2. P

Can you ID this thing?

I tell you man .. am a good stalker lol :p Have you yourself had this experience and did covering with epoxy helped? I would assume this thing can't walk right? If it has a foot then i'm doomed.
  3. P

Can you ID this thing?

Your reply written exactly as this guy here post 4 http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2540643 Hahaha thanks for the input!
  4. P

Can you ID this thing?

What the heck is this? some sort of Algae?
  5. P

Another Cycling Question - Ammonia vs ...

To be honest, not sure where you got that impression of me coming off as a scientist who knows more that the rest of you guys, whilst in fact, i am asking the question. If I am smart enough and promoting myself as a scientist, wouldn't I be stating stuff, instead of asking stuff? Let's...
  6. P

Mike Johnson, you are missing the point. I have no argument over ammonia kills. Ammonia does kill. The solution of pollution is dilution. 100% with you on that! but my question was about: Nitrosomonas Bacteria Ammonia and Water Change Set aside the fact that Ammonia kills and...
  7. P

An extract of the article, which I found to be relevant to my question. Since the bacteria that turn protein into ammonia reproduce faster than those that consume the ammonia and change it to nitrate, ammonia levels climb. Ammonia levels reach toxic levels in fairly short order and surviving...
  8. P

Me and friend were debating about "The more the merrier" .... My view is the more Ammonia (> 8 ppm or more), the merrier beneficial bacteria going to colonize the Live Rock? Is that correct? My understanding, when people do WC (whatever the % is) during cycle, this is because they want...
  9. P

Clownfish not eating

I just bought 2x Australia hand caught wild Clown Fish. so ... 1 big and 1 small. Small eats frozen mysis shrimp (liquefied by tank water). From what I've noticed, the big hasn't eaten any Mysis Shrimp. I used pipette. I only have frozen cube of Mysis Shrimp and nothing else...
  10. P

Making sure Mantis Shrimp is gone for good!

My objective is very simple; i want this mantis out of my LR; dead or alive! once gone, i want to reintroduce this to my tank (i will use other thread for this but for the mean time .............. ) This is what I've done onto my suspected LR: First, I squirt a freshwater onto the hole...
  11. P

Fellow Reefers - Basic Fundamental Question

How dark do you keep your tank when the lights are off? Most of us keep the lights on when we are at home, so we can enjoy the extending tentacles etc and most of us are working during the day, which is when the lights would usually be OFF. During the day, it is almost impossible to keep...
  12. P

Kessil Spectral controller - colour n intensity

As per the subject, please post your Kessil setting (colour & intensity).
  13. P

cracked tank - help please

So let me get this straight ... eventually I will want to add more bioload there. I've tested the water and results are as follow: Ammonia 0 Nitrite 0 Nitrate 0.25 Phosphate 0 Did 10% WC yesterday. As mentioned above, if I don't do anything for a while now but then eventually I...
  14. P

PH: 8.0 ~ 8.2 (borderline - hard to differentiate). Ammonia: 0 Nitrite: 0 Nitrate: 0 - 0.25 (borderline - hard to differentiate). Perhaps cycled? Unless my theory is correct, which I usually doubt it :D - The cured live rocks that I put down in the sump have been sitting there for...
  15. P

I was just thinking and hoping to prove if my logic is correct. - 5g tank with fully cured live rocks & 5 inhabitants --> this tank is fully cycled and mature. - This morning, moved the fully cured live rocks & 5 inhabitants from 5g tank to 50g tank. - 50g tank has new live rocks from...
  16. P

Doing water change shouldn't inhibit the introduction of beneficial bacterias which are produced during cycle?
  17. P

This is good .. this is logical and making sense. I will do that. In terms of lighting, I understand that during cycle, it is recommended NOT to turn on the light? is this correct? Assuming it got something to do with Algae outbreak. But then, if there isn't any nutrients in it (i don't...
  18. P

Cycle, Corals survival, light & algae. What's your thought on it? I want the coral to survive of course nor do i want algae outbreak in the new tank. No light = no good for corals hey? Tank is like 2 - 3 weeks old. Some old stuff there so hoping it can accelerate the cycle but one never...
  19. P

Cycle, Corals survival, light & algae. What's your thought on it? I want the coral to survive of course nor do i want algae outbreak in the new tank. No light = no good for corals hey?