Search results

1. Adrienne

Malibu S300 Plus (Meanwell Driver 300W)

I have this lighting unit for my new marine aquarium but not being particularly clued up on lighting would like to know how others have found the preset Sunrise on the unit. Does anyone else use one of these lighting units?
  2. Adrienne

My 550 litre marine conversion

Been meaning to post in here for a couple of months having spent the rest of my time on this forum under Beginners and Red Sea Max. In 2008 I purchased a second hand, ex marine tank from Napier and duly collected it in a furniture trailer. It came with a sump however I had no interest in...
  3. Adrienne

Alternative rear fan for C-250

I'm starting to believe that my C-250 is turning out to be an expensive and frustrating dud! After my heater was faulty from new (replaced) and my left circulation pump also (replaced before used) but replacement is also dubious, my skimmer pump failed (replaced). Now my rear fan (the one that...
  4. Adrienne

My other tank (s)

My 450 litre discus tank has been running for 6 years with a constantly changing scape and plants. and my AR980 angelfish tank
  5. Adrienne

C-250 skimmer pump

My skimmer pump is causing issues - its around 9-10 months old. It keeps stopping and won't start until I take it out, fiddle around with it and put in back in which is not easy as I have a fused back and artifical hip joint. Last night it stopped, took the lid off the tank, took out the...
  6. Adrienne

Anenome problem

Looking for suggestions. My anenome was doing well. Seemed happy and had established itself in its preferred spot in my tank and was feeding. One day looking really good, the next day sort of dangling down, semi closed with really short tentacles. It's been this way for a week now. I've...
  7. Adrienne

DI help

If I add this DI http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/single-deionization-canister.html to my existing RO system so I can get the TDS down to 0 which refill do I purchase for it? Would someone please link me to the one I need to purchase as I am very very lost? Seeing as I need to ship it to NZ I...
  8. Adrienne

Six Line Wrasse

My tank is a Red Sea Max C-250, with six months since fish corals and fish were added. Corals are Zoas, Palys, Mushrooms, Bubble, Torch, Xenia. Stocking - Skunk cleaner shrimp, Pjama Cardinal, pair of Piccasso Clowns, Copperband Butterfly and Target Mandarin (CBB & Mandarin have been in...
  9. Adrienne

C-250 lighting

I've tried to find out here in NZ but the LFS didn't know (I purchased the tank off them) and I've been waiting over two weeks to find out from the Wholesalers. I'm coming to the point where I need to work out a plan to replace the tubes in my tank and want to do it on rotation. Is the...
  10. Adrienne

DI for a RO unit

I have a dupla marin 190 RO unit - no DI which I was sold during my tank setting up and was told no DI was necessary. My water is coming out of the RO at 3ppm on my TDS meter. Not being at all technically minded but having had a search on the internet I believe it is possible to purchase a...
  11. Adrienne

C-250 lighting

Hoping everyone had a great Christmas are that you are all looking forward to the New Year. It's hot over here but it didn't stop us all enjoying hot turkey and the trimmings on Christmas Day :) Looking to the future and the need to think about replacement light tubs for my C-250. I'm...
  12. Adrienne

Ammonia & Ammolock

For an unknown reason my tank has had an ammonia spike. I did add a new fish (copper band) the week before this happened to my tank (Red Sea Max C-250) and the week before the copper band a piece of live rock. I first noticed this 5 days ago (Friday) when testing after my weekly 12% w/c. As...
  13. Adrienne

C-250 and Christmas holidays

What do you all do about your tanks if you are heading away for 7 - 10 days. My Red Sea C-250 will be around 5 months established by the time hubby is wanting to go away. We have no family in the house to feed/water change. Stocking will be light - 2 small picasso clowns, 1 cleaner shrimp...
  14. Adrienne

Bubble coral placement

New marine keeper here :) Where should a bubble coral be placed? I have the new C-250 (Red Sea Max) and have just acquired my first bubble coral. The shop here said place it mid way up the tank but there is differing information out there as to whether bottom or mid is the better spot...
  15. Adrienne

Power outage

I'm about nine weeks into my first marine tank and have a thread running in the Red Sea Max section. Our power went out 7 hours ago (4am this morning). We have just managed to make a connection via power cables to a building running a generator which has given the ability to restart the tank...
  16. Adrienne

Open Brain problem

My tank has been up and running for 8 weeks. The rock had been cycled prior to adding. I added a red open brain on 23 August and this was going well until about 3 days ago when I noticed that literally overnight it had changed from red to pink with the whiter stripes in it now truly white...
  17. Adrienne

Attaching corals

Do people remove their frags from the frag plugs? If so how? If not how do you attach them to the coral if there are no holes where you want to put them? Also for glue - is this what I need to get? http://www.selleys.com.au/adhesives/household-adhesive/quick-fix-adhesive/quick-fix-gel/...
  18. Adrienne

kH too low

The kH in my month old tank is low - I am using the Red Sea test kit, and it is not increasing. On 31/8 it was 6.7 and I added 12.5ml of reef carbonate as per the dosing instructions for 'beginners'. instructions say to dose 5mls per 80 litres twice a week. Check alkalinity every two...
  19. Adrienne

Adrienne's Red Sea Max C-250

Way back in January I ordered a Red Sea Max C-250, the first shipment of which was due to arrive in NZ mid April. This was my first foray in to reef keeping and was instigated by my husband who wanted a marine tank. Three weeks ago we finally picked up the tank from our LFS and a...
  20. Adrienne

Newbie with a Red Sea C-250

After waiting since January I received my Red Sea Max C-250 nearly three weeks ago, in the first shipment to arrive in NZ. I finally completed the set up of the cabinet yesterday and today put in the sand and coral rock which I had already started to cycle in a bin in my garage. Then I turned...