Search results

1. SoccerBum474

Clown fish with scoliosis?!?

I picked up two baby (.5") percs just last weekend and im starting to realize that the smaller of the two might have scoliosis. it seems like it has to work alot harder to beat the current and it rarely levels out, meaning its butt is lower then its head. also since its so young you can still...
  2. SoccerBum474

New zoas new ID

First one i think is close to a Creamsicle Zoa but i think im going to have to wait until these grow out more to really determine there colors.\ These ones i have NO clue about.
  3. SoccerBum474

carbon in the skimmer?

I was just changing out my carbon bag and thought why don't i put this bag in my skimmer it probably has the most flow in my whole tank. and now I'm on here seeing if anyone else has done this or if this is a big no-no.
  4. SoccerBum474

SPS ID please..

I got this a while back.. it was sold to me as a "white Mille" can anyone correctly ID this for me
  5. SoccerBum474

FS: toadstools, mushrooms and monti frag

okay so i have some green fuzzy mushrooms that got out of hand so i removed all of them from the rocks they were on and now i want them out of my tank eventually. I also brought up two toadstools from home (back to college) to sell to some1 but they havent responded to my e-mails so they have to...
  6. SoccerBum474

what can i harvest from the beach?

i go surfing just about everyday and i was wondering if there is anything in the coastal waters that would be worth harvesting to feed my tank with? i live in San Luis Obispo but i go to pismo and morro beach all the time..which is central coast of california...
  7. SoccerBum474

Crabs are not Evil, just Crackheads Society

Hi! I'm here to start the first "society" on here that supports the crab in a home marine aquarium....I do not think that crabs are evil in anyway they are just natures crackheads...I don't hate any animal in my aquariums and i don't think that any of them are evil... so if your not in the...
  8. SoccerBum474

how many gph should i have for a 12g sps and lps tank?

i have a 12g mastercube...and i replaced the stock lighting, filtration and return pump.. i replaced the return pump with a Rio+ 600 it puts out 163 gph at a 1' head height...is this enough or should i save up and get a koralia nano? which is at 250 gph!?! i think which would bump my flow to 413?
  9. SoccerBum474

safe a house acro with toadstool?

tomorrow im going to pick up some frags from a local reefer ;monti cap, millepora, birdsnest and maybe an acro. Are these corals safe to put in a 12g tank that has a toadstool, mushrooms, green polyps, frogspawn, and a pagoda cup? i have heard that the toadstools don't do well with acro and...
  10. SoccerBum474

Would a CBS and emerald crab play nice?

i have a CBS in my 12 gallon tank and i would like to add an emerald crab to bring down some of the algae population..would these to inverts be able to live together?
  11. SoccerBum474

Reef Bugs?

has anyone tryied this product out: Reef Aquarium Coral & Invertebrate Foods: Marc Weiss Aquarium Products Reef Bugs
  12. SoccerBum474

Rebirth of Cole's 12 gallon nano

recently i have taken down my 12g and move the contents to a 10g for storage while i fixed my mastercube 12g tank and cleaned it...as far as fixing the tank i have peeled the black sticker covering the back , removed the hood, removed the top plastic rim and resealed a poor fix job by the...
  13. SoccerBum474

Need ID...i think this hitchhiker could do some damage!!!

i recently moved all my 12g mastercube (dont buy one.....t-5 lights are great, the pump is poop, hood never closed correctly and i dismantled it and the back glass pannel was missing a corner and MC just replaced the corner with silacone) contents into a 10aga and its going to stay in there...
  14. SoccerBum474

Tomato Clown Turning WHITE...help!!!

Ive been away at college (cal poly SLO) for the past 8 months, my dad has been taking care of my tanks, and i have kept a tomato clown fish here at the dorms with me..2 weeks ago i brought my tank and fish back home to put in my tanks there. when i got home i realized my percula clown in my 50g...
  15. SoccerBum474

Might be my new 150 gallon reef.

I found what seems to be a great deal a 150 gallon tank its 55" x 25.5" x 25" and i did the math and its around 152 gallons.... anyways i offered $100 and he accepted but i dont know if it will hold that much water so here take to look at the tank.
  16. SoccerBum474

316w T5 enough for 125g

im starting to plan for the tank to come and the lighting that will be coming too... is going to be either a 125 gallon or a 135 but i want it to be 6' so what is the best lighting for this size of tank? i really dont wanna do MH because of heat, cost, and electricity... would a fixture of 8 x...
  17. SoccerBum474

Best way to upgrade...

im going to go to college pretty soon, but each summer i will be comeing back home and back to my tank. i have taught my parents how to top-off, feed and some other minor thing, as i will be coming back once a month or so.. and over the next 4 years i want to upgrade my 50 gallon to a 125=...
  18. SoccerBum474

New Sexy!!......shrimp!

so i just got back from my LFS and i picked up a sexy shrimp for $14.99 i bit expensive but i had them special order it so w/e.. anyways i'll go take some pics of it and it being aclimated... then ill post them
  19. SoccerBum474

T5 lighting?

I was think about buying a T5 lighting system for plants a 8 bulb fixture and i was just going to change the bulbs for 10,000K x 2, 12,000K x 4, Actinic Plus x 2..... would this work each bulb would be 54 watts.. so that comes to a total of 432w going over a 50g tank.... this project would cost...
  20. SoccerBum474

No pink onl green?

my 12 gallon is growing tons of green coraline on the glass, rocks every where, but the only place the purple/pink coraline is growing is on the silicone sealant on the corners of the glass? why is this happening and how can i fix it? cole