Search results

1. Big Pete

Opinions Required

Hi Guys I need some help here, I recently purchased a Hanna Checker for calcium, I currently use a Tropic Marin CA/MG titration test kit. yesterday I tested my water parameters for Calcium with both kits and the results were skewed to say the least. Water temp 27.3C PH 8.21 Alk 7.82 Mag...
  2. Big Pete

just got my LED's

Hi guys Just pushed the button on Ecotech Radions and i have to say so far they are great. I was not sure about removing the hood but all appears to fine and the temp in the tank has dropped about 2 degrees C. I would love to hear what you think good or bad Cheers Big Pete
  3. Big Pete

Quick Question regarding RSM250 Skimmers

Hi Guys and Gals everyone tells me that the heart of a good aquarium is having a good skimmer, now here is the question, If swap out the original pump which outputs 1000 lph/240gph and change it for say a Sicce that would increase the output by approx double would the skimmer be better and more...
  4. Big Pete

Advice required regarding the ceramic rings within the RSM250

Hi Guys Just recently my nitrate and phosphate levels have risen and i have acquired a diatom bloom, could this be caused by the ceramic rings supplied by Red Sea to help with bacteria levels. can i get rid of them and just survive on Live Rock or do i need them to help with the filtration...
  5. Big Pete

Nailed The RSM Skimmer

Hi Guys i have had nothing but trouble attempting to adjust my RSM 250 skimmer, it has been driving me mad, the adjustment on the stock valve is pathetic, well i decided to do something about it. As an engineer i was determined to beat this thing or swap it out for the Deltec MC500 but as...
  6. Big Pete

Macna 2014 & Red Sea

Hi Guys & Gals for everyone who attended Macna, i assume Red Sea were exhibiting, did they offer any LED solutions for the RSM250 i would love some feedback if possible Cheers Big Pete
  7. Big Pete

Micro Bubbles caused by skimmer

Hi Guys i need some help here,i have a RSM250, my left hand power head is pumping out micro bubbles, when i switch off the skimmer and wait a few minutes the tank runs clear again, this points to the skimmer being the issue, now then how do i solve this problem, i have adjusted the cup and...
  8. Big Pete

Help and advice on stocking

Hi Guys i need the wisdom that the forum offers, i am ready to put my first fish into my RSM250, i really love Tangs but have read that they suffer from Marine Ich a bit more than other fish, so with that in mind should they be the first inhabitants in the tank that way they will not stress...
  9. Big Pete

Vortec MP10 Powerhead

Hi Guys has anyone fitted a Vortec MP10 in their RSM 250 to get a little extra flow, i just wondered if it would work well or would i need to step up to the MP40. any advice will be greatly appreciated. cheers Big Pete
  10. Big Pete

newbie to Marine life

Hi Guys Big Pete here, i am a newbie when it comes to Marine, so hopefully you will all chip in when i ask the stupid questions of which i am sure i have loads. i currently run a 25 gallon freshwater planted tank and its going great, i have always wanted to get into saltwater but kept...