Search results

1. saintsreturn

Saint's 110g Reef

I picked up a 75 gallon from a friend and member of our community. He sold his house and is currently designing a beast of a setup for his new place. This left him "stuck" with his tank and all of the coral he has spent time growing out. Luckily, he sold it all to me for a great price under...
  2. saintsreturn

Mixing reef tanks - fish advice

Hello All, I am about 2 days away from bring home my "new" 130g tank. I am going to have it in the garage for a couple of weeks while i replace the plumbing, clean it up, and a bunch of other stuff. The issue at the moment is it is fully stocked and we are trying to figure out options before...
  3. saintsreturn

General Floor Advice? What is your thought

Hey all, I am about to tear down my tank and move in another. I currently have carpet in place and we have talked about putting down wood or tile floors. This is the issue. The current carpet runs directly to my hardwood in the entrance. I would like to put a new hardwood down in this room...
  4. saintsreturn

Chaeto Reactor - food for thought

Good Day All, I bought the components to build a chaeto reactor as i do not have a refugium in my sump, nor do i want one. I finally built the thing and decided to do some tests (apparently i am avoiding other house tasks, HA!) which i wanted to share with the group. I was talking to a...
  5. saintsreturn

Salt Water Mixing Station Temps - need help

Hey guys, How are you folks in warmer climates keeping the water in your mixing station cool? I just did a batch and it reached 92 in this Texas heat. I just built a cooling coil that I will.have to buy ice for, but figured someone has a better idea out there that doesn't involve a chiller...
  6. saintsreturn

Profilux... Need input

Hey all, First off, i have done several searches and the majority of information is from years ago and i am sure things have changed. So, the point... I am not sold on Apex and I do not have a good reason on why. I have a reeflink, which is ok, but isnt supporting the things i want it to...
  7. saintsreturn

Source Water, testing

Good Day Everyone! We talk a lot about testing our water and ensuring our RODI units are producing water with 0 TDS. After researching solutions to my algae issue, so many responses came back to "check your source water." So for me, and any others out there, I would like to ask what that...
  8. saintsreturn

Sailfin not getting better...or worse

Hey all, I thought I would reach out to this group for some help. My sailfin lost her fins two months ago over night and we immediately pulled and treated with antibiotics. Since then we have separated her from our aggressive fish and have been watching. Her behavior has never changed and she is...
  9. saintsreturn

Need help - think it may be fighting

Need some advice. I have a sail fin that showed some fin damage that started to heal up about a month ago. Two nights ago I was staring at my tank and happy with what I saw. I did take not of his fin and he was looking much better. Yesterday we woke up to this. I did a water change, turned down...
  10. saintsreturn

Need some ideas and motivation

Things have been going pretty good this year with my system and I am running low on issues with the display. But I keep nagging myself out the complete setup. Here are some thoughts and I wanted to see what you think. 1) auto top off container switched over to an actual reservoir. I make my own...
  11. saintsreturn

Let's talk PH buffer

I searched, and read, searched and read some more. But I didn't get the answers I am looking for. So let's talk. My PH dropped from 8.0 to 7.8ish. LFS says I should aim for 8.4 and sold me on some PH buffer. Ok so the questions: 1) Do skimmers react to Ph buffer being added? 2) Will dosing...
  12. saintsreturn

DIY water changing/mixing station

Hello all, I am building a portable water station due to my apartment living and the desire to never carry another bucket up stairs again. I will post everything as I build it, but have a quick question for the experts before I begin. Is there a benefit (besides having water on hand) to...
  13. saintsreturn

Saint's 75g

Tank as of 8/14/2018 Original post: Alright guys, after watching your tanks make awesome progress I just couldn't take it anymore. My other build thread will stay alive for now as I am going to run both systems and transition slowly, but here is the first shot of my new 75gallon. Clearly...
  14. saintsreturn

HOB filter bio wheel

Hello all I have a simple 29g with a bio wheel and have had it for years. tank is healthy and have had very little issues overtime. My question is, after the tank is established (three years or so now) do I still need the wheel in the filter? I have already removed the trays and converted to my...
  15. saintsreturn

Why this tank

So first off, wasn't sure where to post so I posted here.... OK the question/thought. We bought a 30 gallon tank and pieced it together and have had a lot of fun so far. We have been debating getting out of the hobby as the tank just doesn't do what we want it to do as we want more to look at...
  16. saintsreturn

Saints Return build thread

Me and the decision maker have been into aquariums now for about four years and this is our first tank. It has survived four moves and has one more to go before we buy our larger setup. The tank is a 29g tank on a petsmart stand. The filter is a marine land hang on back. The lighting is a...
  17. saintsreturn

Finally done lurking

Hey all I have been to this site multi times after searching for answers over the years. I finally registered through tapatalk to comment to on one of the beautiful tanks on here. I will start a build thread and post pictures soon. Thank you to all those who post support and advice as it has...