Search results

1. S

Zoanthids/Palythoas in our out?

After I got a mouth full of water 3-4 weeks ago I have been researching possible issues to watch. Stomach doesn't feels a little weird about 2 weeks later but its prolly just in my head. Not sick but prolly stress to the possible risk. While i was reading I came across several articles about...
  2. S

HOB Filter

I am sure this is a loaded questions from the threads I reviewed. Should I ditch my hob filter? I know most will argue its a nitrate factory when others say clean it 3 days to weekly and its fine. My thought is why should I add something extra to clean unless its doing something great. Also...
  3. S

Wow Wellso!

I am kind of new so I hope this is the right spot to share this coral. Looks like they just posted this today. If my tank was more stable it would be on its way to my house =] http://myreeftoyours.com/images/iehfgu.jpg?osCsid=6270eoqpioga114s1f3hombgv7...
  4. S

Refugium algae issue?

I have been reading latey about red, GHA and brown algae. Luckily my DT is clean and starting to really get good algae on the dry rocks. My Small CUC is keeping up fine. However, my HOB fug is really starting to get a build up. It is very small (and I will assume most will say pointless) at just...
  5. S

substrate question

Well after reading over and over about substrate I went and picked up a bag to replace mt CC. I was going to go with CaribSea Dry Aragonite Special Grade Reef Sand but its look was a little to large for my taste. 1.25-1.98. So I picked up a bag of Nature's Ocean Bio-Activ Live Aragonite Reef...
  6. S

First loss and more

Well tonight I noticed that my coral beauty checked out. It is my first loss so I am a little annoyed about it. I only had him for about 2-3 weeks. He seemed to be eating fine and adjusted well. Specially when I got hi a cleaner shrimp. His eye healed fine and he left the other crap alone. So I...
  7. S

Baby snail?

I think it is a baby snail of some kind but Im not sure. It looks like a shell and snail like body moving around. Its half the size of a pencil eraser at best. Weird think is I haven't added anything to my tank (since the shrimp and angel fish) in about 3-4 weeks that he could of hitchhiked on...
  8. S

LED for 37g

After weeks of research and reading forums I am still struggling to understand what would be best. I understand it is a loaded question but i figure I would ask before taking the plunge. So here are my needs and tank. Its 37g 12"L x 30"W x 22"H. After a few months I would like to add a sps and...
  9. S

sleepcasualty new 37G

Ok the wait is over! I am now starting my chronicle for all to see. I am sorry in advance because I am a bit new at this. I look back and wish that I started taking pics from the start. At this point the tank is 2 months old but very few changes have been made. So at least you be be able to see...
  10. S

adding more rock changing to sand???

Well after spending hours making my first tank I am suffering from a bit of regret and envy. My tank is a 37 with around 40lbs of rock(25 LR). I spent the first 2 days rearranging the rock over a dozen times. However, I still cant seem to stack them they way I want. The tank is running for over...
  11. S

Coral Beauty Angle and Emerald Crab

Recently I added a Coral Beauty about to my tank about a week ago. After a short time he has adjusted well. Mostly hiding in the rock but does come out to eat or cruise around. Starting yesterday he has been acting a little funny. He will stop next to my emerald crab and swim sideways into the...
  12. S

New Reef Tank and User

Greeting All... This is my first post so I am sorry I have a lot of questions I started a tank about 2 months ago. After about 3 months of research with forums and local stores. I am happy to say I have made a lot of good choices(at least most of them worked so they seemed good). However, I...