Search results

1. S

Zoanthids/Palythoas in our out?

The cuts on my hands are the main reason I am worried. I wash my hands as soon as I am done putting my hands in there but still concerning. I also can not find how long it takes to show signs of issues. I did removed everything from my tank last week. I changed my substrate and then put...
  2. S

I guess you would only mention that if someone already tried =]
  3. S

After I got a mouth full of water 3-4 weeks ago I have been researching possible issues to watch. Stomach doesn't feels a little weird about 2 weeks later but its prolly just in my head. Not sick but prolly stress to the possible risk. While i was reading I came across several articles about...
  4. S

HOB Filter

Forgot to mention no sump and its a 37g mixed reef. I'm not worried about hob filter itself but with my fuge and skimmer in a little worried. It does have a skinny center brace.
  5. S

sleepcasualty new 37G

I got my new light today! 20 3watt leds with a moonlight strip built in on a second outlet. I have it set to about 60% and its already a huge difference! I did max it out for a minutes to see :grind: . I am so amazed on how bright it is. My candy canes are already open and much brighter then...
  6. S

HOB Filter

I am sure this is a loaded questions from the threads I reviewed. Should I ditch my hob filter? I know most will argue its a nitrate factory when others say clean it 3 days to weekly and its fine. My thought is why should I add something extra to clean unless its doing something great. Also...
  7. S

Help with tank cycling.

What do you consider "high"? I was so worried after my tank cycle I made extra water changes and was still worried when I was 10-20 range. Personally I did a 30% change when mine was around 80 range. I tested it a few days after and it was 20-40 range. I wish I read more about it to do...
  8. S

Wow Wellso!

Nice pic! They are going on my must have list =] Hopefully by the end of the summer my tank will be old enough.
  9. S

Wow Wellso!

Thank you Nano... I can only figure out how to get pics from photo bucket. Wish I could see it in person
  10. S

Wow Wellso!

I am kind of new so I hope this is the right spot to share this coral. Looks like they just posted this today. If my tank was more stable it would be on its way to my house =] http://myreeftoyours.com/images/iehfgu.jpg?osCsid=6270eoqpioga114s1f3hombgv7...
  11. S

Power outage!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Mobile-Power-Instant-Boost-400-6-in-1-12-Volt-Battery-Jumpstart-System-with-Built-in-110-Vac-Inverter-and-Air-Compressor-2001/203751005?cm_mmc=shopping-_-googleads-_-pla-_-203751005&skwcid&kwd=&ci_sku=203751005&ci_kw=&ci_gpa=pla&ci_src=17588969 I have 2 of these...
  12. S

Tapatalk issues?

Try restarting your phone. Then if that doesnt work, double tap your home button and swipe away all the apps running to close them down. Yu prolly only have to do this to taptalk but I like to start fresh.
  13. S

To Buy or Not to buy?

+1 for BigAl. The pictures look amazing and great idea. I'm sure it looks stunning in person. I also agree the price if way to high when its 4 years old missing a light and needs a new skimmer. I would think keeping both the inside and outside of the glass clean is difficult. Think about...
  14. S

sleepcasualty new 37G

After my next adventure is to find a small 4inx4in super think rock. On the right you see a small y shaped rock. I put a small meteor shower frag on it. I think it would look cool once its completely covered but one small prob. I switched to a 1inch sand bed to its not stable sitting by itself...
  15. S

sleepcasualty new 37G

After spending sundat changing my CC over to sand and arranging everything I am finally done! Lost 2 small corals but one never bounce back from small landslide 2 weeks ago. So I cant really blame this process. I am working on matching water to bring my 2 clowns and cleaner shrimp back in. So...
  16. S

substrate question

I guess I didn't look at it that way. Im already getting my arm and hand wet with latex gloves... Its not unlikely they will swim out and go right for the inside of my gloves.
  17. S

substrate question

Well I stacked my rocks and added one more flat dry rock. Bad news is I created a bit of cloudy water. I should have tested the water before this happened so I can see if I could put my 2 clowns and cleaner shrimp back in. I have them on a 5 gallon bucket with a air stone and heater. They have...
  18. S

new reef

Welcome wasatchboy58! I also had the same plan and I can tell you it can be done!:winner::bigbounce:bigbounce:bigbounce I have a 37g myself with out any issues with 5 blue legs. emerald, turbo, and 2 nassarius snails along with some newly found hitchhicker snails. I also plan on adding few...
  19. S

substrate question

Thanks! I dont mind the small long skinny ones I see in the rock. They are half red/orange and half brownish, very thin and look like spikes all around. They range from an inch to about 4 but there as thin as lead in a pencil. The 4 that i picked out were BRIGHT all red, fat and only had spikes...
  20. S

substrate question

After several hours last night I was able to change over my CC to sand..... I have to say it was not fun at all and even showed me another major mistake I made. I never researched LR before made my purchase. So when I was moving my rocks around I discovered 4 worms. I assume they are fireworms...