Search results

1. Kolby

Tank Revamp.

i bought a 40 pound bag of aragonite dry sand. i poured some not all in the tank and i now have a 2in deep sand bed. would more be better or less? I have heard deep sand beds help so i wanted it to be deep. I have also setup my filter with pieces of coral/Dry rock in it along with filter pads. i...
  2. Kolby

Tank Revamp.

Whats up everyone! Im here to day to ask a few questions and let you guys know about somethings. I drained my old 30gallon SW tank! i moved the fish and lr with water from a tank to a 15gallon till i get this new tank done. I completely completely cleaned the 30g tank and i used vinegar to...
  3. Kolby

Sump Ideas?

im getting a Reef Octopus, this guy is selling it for $100 and it retails for over $200, so i dont want to pass up the deal and im going to buy it. PLus i can use it when i up the tank whenever i decide to.
  4. Kolby

Sump Ideas?

actually dave, would this one work well with mine, i dont know if going over 30 gallons by another 30 gallons, but i may always upgrade. http://www.amazon.com/Red-Sea-Fish-Pharm-60-Gallon/dp/B00BUFSVR8/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1397357638&sr=8-13&keywords=protein+skimmer
  5. Kolby

Sump Ideas?

what type of skimmer does Frisbee have?
  6. Kolby

Sump Ideas?

this one should do right? http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/eheim-compact-pump-3000.html
  7. Kolby

Sump Ideas?

i dont have a skimmer, but i was wondering if there would be a good one that will work ok on my tank being 30 gallons. and i heard that your return pump needs to be your tank size multiplied by 10 so im hoping a 300gph will work fine.
  8. Kolby

Sump Ideas?

see thats the thing, we want to make the sump first then build a stand around it so i can make room for extra later, then build the top for the display tank :D
  9. Kolby

Sump Ideas?

Hey everyone, i have a 30gallon tank and i want to get rid of the filter hanging on the back since it takes up so much room, and i want to get a sump. I have a 10 gallon tank but im not sure how much room each section needs, where to put the glass at and everything. Im a really big noob. I just...
  10. Kolby

Got My Tank! Need a little help.

ok, thank you for correcting me.
  11. Kolby

Salinity : 36 Gravity: 1.026 Ammonia:.25 PH : 8.2 the test kit says amonia is NH3 and NH+4 which im hoping is Nitrate and Nitrite? Any ways, is there anything i need to work on / change?
  12. Kolby

will test, and clean the salt creep up, and start filling a bucket with ro water
  13. Kolby

Hello Everyone, I got my tank from my uncle today! The tank is in a bit of a mess. He didnt drain any water and had it plugged up in the car with a electrical outlet. The Clownfish have not been distrubed and have been swimming since we got here. Now i have a few questions. When kind of rock is...
  14. Kolby

Will This Light Be Good For The Tank and Help Coral And Fish Later?

Ok everyone, i have changed my mind, and im going to use a diffrent tank than he is giving me, its a 50 gallon 48inx12 3/8in x 20in that being LxWxH. which is roughly 50gallons. I will post pics of the tank here,it currently had my new beardeddragon in it but hes going to a smaller 40 gallon...
  15. Kolby

Alright guys, i knnow the hood only has onne thing for the bulb and it fits and 18in bulb. If everything goes as planned and it stops raining the tank will be here today and i can post pics. I will get exact measurements and everything. Sorry for the lack of knowledge. But there is one more...
  16. Kolby

i cant tell you exactly hot tall/wide/long the tank is because i dont have it yet, but its supposed to be a 30gallon or a 35 he doesnt remember. Not sure about the lighting fixture either but the bulb fits and works. the bulb was a t5 aqua blue special, but i couldnt find any at the fish...
  17. Kolby

Go read Post 10 for info. I updated my thoughts and what i want to do.
  18. Kolby

Need a Light

i know that the fixture is only 2 weeks old, but i am going to make a sump to replace the hang on the back filter, then i am going to clean everything and make sure its all working.
  19. Kolby

Need a Light

will update tomorrow with pics, he said he is bringing the tank and everything tomorrow
  20. Kolby

Need a Light

Hey everyone, im getting a tank from my uncle, but he said i need a 18in lightbulb for the hood. I was wondering where i could order one, and what exactly i need. Thanks!