Search results

1. I

Need help IDing an odd one!

Yes, definitely an interesting looking little animal
  2. I

Thanks for the help :) nice link! A lot of interesting things on that list I've never seen. I would have NEVER figured this out on my own haha I'm glad it's something ok. They seem almost symbiotically coexisting. The pipe organ is definitely happy where it's at:D
  3. I

:jester:My girlfriend bought this pretty pipe organ that is thriving well in our reef tank. On it I noticed this odd looking white thing in the center of the coral. I just thought it was a piece of old coral and forgot about it. One night my girlfriend called me in to see something weird...
  4. I

iamafish3's Reef Chronicle :)

That's to circulate water out of the plenum. Once the nitrites are gone I'll remove them.
  5. I

Lol I got a few textures, the reason it's on the rock and in my sump is because of the massive silt cloud that occurred when we dumped the 6 bags of sand in it. But we didn't get too much of the fine sand. I just sorta blew the rested silt off the rock with my power head lol
  6. I

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll order it :D
  7. I

How large should I make my new sump? And Ty for your reply!
  8. I

Hi :) thank you for your advice! I'm adding the plenum because from the research I've done they seem (if done properly) to be a decent way to reduce nitrites using the anaerobic bacteria I'm the dead water space. I'm going to stick it out and see. I'm not tearing it down until I'm convinced...
  9. I

10. I

Hello everyone! It was suggested to me that I chronicle my girlfriend (Bonnie) and my reef tank experience as we go forward and add things to it. This is our first post and so I will attempt to add photos and try my best to explain what we have :) Our tank so far. by -iamafish2381-...
  11. I

Importance of dipping

Wow I never heard of dipping them. (I'm still new to this ) so glad I read this! Thank you!
  12. I

Need Frag ID

They're pretty! I'm just starting my tank. I'll remember to add shaded spots :) I'm learning already!
  13. I

Hello everyone, I'm new here.

Welcome! I'm new here too :) Everyone here seems very kind and helpful, it'll be fun to see your tank come together!
  14. I

Hello :)

Thank you all for your friendly welcome! YorkieUK my girlfriends name is Bonnie hehe I will look into making a reef chronicle and getting photos as we work on the tank. :). I look forward to your advice as things progress! Talk with you all soon :D
  15. I

Hello :)

Hi everyone, I'm new to the reef world. :D My girlfriend had wanted to start a reef tank again, she hasn't had one up and running a for a few years, and so after much discussion and searching we settled on a 180 gallon tank we saw on Craig's list, it is about 2 weeks or so old and has not...