Search results

1. jaws789832

Ecotech Vortex or Apex WAV?

OK heres the Dilemma. I have a Apex gold system controller which I really like. I just bought the ecotech marine radion pros and the Vectra return pump. My next purchase is going to be the powerheads. I don't have the reeflink atm so everytime I need to program my lights I need to pull them...
  2. jaws789832

A little advice please

Hi all. So I found and bought a 120 high on Craigslist for 50$. Only problem is its not reef ready. I thought for that price I was going to try and drill it to install a synergy overflow in it. After I got it all cleaned up I saw a sticker on the bottom panel that says tempered glass, do not...
  3. jaws789832

ID please

This is in my planted tank. Any Ideas? It could be aiptasia but it has a weird thing sticking out of the center of it so not sure. It is small, about the size of a pinhead. there are about 5 of them throughout the tank right now. Oh by the way, all those little white dots you see are pods...
  4. jaws789832

To medicate or not?

OK so this was another unauthorized purchase but I couldn't help it. So I have a 20g tank set up with about 10 lbs of live rock, UG filter, HOB filter, that was fully cycled and ready to go. I was going to try my hand at same macro algae, and maybe place a few fish in as well. I went down to...
  5. jaws789832

Where to buy new tank?

Hi all, Looking to purchase a 120 gallon tank in the states. Seems locally all I can find is Marineland. Not that they are bad tanks but was looking for more options, like starfire glass and pre-drilled overflows. when I do an online search glasscages is all that comes up (well petsmart and...
  6. jaws789832

ID please

Anyone have any idea? its some sort of white worm crawling on my glass about 1 1/2 inches. Good or bad?
  7. jaws789832

ID Please

Anyone ever seen anything like this? I have 3 of them in my tank that look similar but strand/tentacle isn't as long. At first I thought it was just a piece of aglae growing on a small pebble but now that others have popped up looking kinda the same I am not so sure. I followed this one...
  8. jaws789832

Peppermint shrimp babies

Hi all, My peppermint shrimp just had babies. I now have about 1000 little white shrimps floating around in my tank. My 2 fish are having a field day. Just wondering what kind of problems this might cause. Will I get a mini cycle from this? Its like I WAY over fed my tank right now.
  9. jaws789832

Jaw's 28 gallon nano

OK I am new at this so don't chastise me too hard. Figured I would start a post here since I am finally getting some life in it LOL So my cycle took about 2 weeks. I waited a few extra days to make sure and all my parameters stayed good, except for magnesium which is running high at 1600 ppm...
  10. jaws789832

unkown snail

Anyone have any idea what this is? http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c268/jaws789832/009_zpsdd586c51.jpg
  11. jaws789832

Tank progression start to finish (hopefully)

This is where (when I can) I will post photos. Like I said in Meet and greet, 28 gallon Nano cube intermediate. Just added my live rock today and my ammonia is through the roof. I know I cant turn on my day lights but does anyone know for sure if its ok to turn on the moon lights at night? they...
  12. jaws789832

Newbie from New Mexico

Hi All, Brand spanking new to the hobby, so go easy on me. I bought a 28 gallon nano cube, intermediate from DrF&S. Mixed up some salt water using reef crystals, put in some Reef sand and Substrate, and had the tank up and running the same day I received it. Let it all settle until it was...