Search results

1. Fishdad1

Fire Worm or harmless Bristle?

2. Fishdad1

What's this?

Just noticed this today, wasn't there before.
  3. Fishdad1

Strontium, Iodine, Silica, Boron, ORP

Anyone monitor, dose or concern themselves in anyway with these parameters? This ReefKeeping article does a great job of explaining them, just curious how many here actually test or dose.
  4. Fishdad1

Worm ID

Some sort of spaghetti worm? Good? Bad?
  5. Fishdad1

Magnesium question

Like I posted in my chronicle, I'm getting my feet wet in dosing. But I have a specific question about magnesium... I purchased Seachem Reef Adv. Magnesium. Using the JDIECK reef chem calculator, just to raise mag by 100ppm would take about 140 tspns! If my math is correct that's more than...
  6. Fishdad1

Acro ID

My wife picked up this little acro frag today whilst visiting a new fish store. Still new to corals so I can't ID my self but it looks dead to me. What do you guys think? Haven't seen any polyps yet.
  7. Fishdad1

Coral QT Tank Build

So my recent dino outbreak has got me thinking about QTing incoming coral. I know for a fact I acquired it from a LFS. I'm thinking that it could have been avoided had a proper QT procedure been in place. If you guys wouldn't mind, I'd like to know if anyone here has a QT for coral and how you...
  8. Fishdad1

Ultra algae x

I'm calling on a new weapon against my war with dinos. For the past few months my main tactic has been more of an anti insurgency method - just keep them from gaining a foothold and see if they give up. The past few days it seems they have been gaining some ground. So before I go nuclear (total...
  9. Fishdad1

Salt Brand Transition

I'm switching from Red Sea Coral Pro to Crystal Sea Bioassay for a myriad of reasons. I've heard horror stories about switching salts. My plan was to do it slowly. Just wondering if anyone has had any success/failure with this process? How fast or how slow?
  10. Fishdad1

Snail ID

A bunch of these guys must have hatched lately. They are nocturnal for sure. About 1/8" long. Hopefully a nice addition to the CUC? [/URL][/IMG]
  11. Fishdad1

GFO, carbon and pellets, Oh my

After quite a bit of research on running all or combinations of the three I decided to go ahead and run them all. My plan was that if I experienced any ill-affects I would stop running one at a time to pin point the source of whatever was happening. Its been two months now and no obvious...
  12. Fishdad1

Trouble with aqualifters

Anyone else have issues with these little pumps? I am on my second one in just a few months and it clogged yesterday. Since I use an overflow box, this pump is a vital piece of equipment. The first one I just tossed out and bought a new one but when this one stopped working I took it apart...
  13. Fishdad1

Fishdad1's Reef Setup

Well I was going to post a few pics but it seems it only allows me to use a URL, not a file from my pc. Maybe a new member restriction? Perhaps one of the mods would be kind enough to help out?
  14. Fishdad1

New Reefer

Seems like a nice forum. I've got a 125g and 55g sump that is about 5 months old. Used to be an African cichlid set up. Fairly smooth sailing so far. Had a 3 inch mantis shrimp hitchhiker kill a few fish, donated him to my lfs. Lost one to marine ich, now under control. Currently battling...