Search results

1. R

Worm ID

about 1" long
  2. R

What are these?

Have these hard tubes that grow from live rocks, pumps and everything else. Have never known what they are. They are right in the middle of picture coming out of rock. Right above leather coral..
  3. R

Feather Duster moving?

Have had a feather duster in my tank for over 2 years. The crown did not come out of its tube for a couple of days. this morning the tube was laying on top of the sand. A couple of hours later it was a foot away and the crown was out. it has moved twice since then and the crown has not come out...
  4. R

ID This worm?

Pictures are terrible. Have seen these a couple of times and not sure if it is friend or foe. Red worm about 1 inch long on glass.
  5. R

Eheim 2000 flow rate?

Just installed a new mini Arctica on my tank. The flow rate for the chiller is 110/160gph. I have a Eheim 2000 pump hooked up. Have it set on min flow 260gph. Have a 3 ft. rise and 1/2 tubing. Anyone know how to figure the flow rate with the 3' rise?
  6. R

Coral ID?

Cannot figure out what this coral is.
  7. R

Algae ID

Not sure what this orange algae is.
  8. R

Help with Coral ID

Picked this up with some other stuff. Not sure what it is.
  9. R

Pump for chiller

I picked up a used coralife 1/10 chiller for my 37g tank. The drop is 4' and the chiller will be about 6' from aquarium stand. The instructions say 200-300gph. So I am figuring a 400-450gph pump will be about right. Any recommendations on a good pump and does 400-450gph seem right?
  10. R

Aqua-Tech filters

Are those cheap aqua-tech filters safe for saltwater? Was at a friends house and saw that he was running one. My concern was the metal shaft and magnet on impeller. Or are they coated to keep the shaft from touching metal?
  11. R

Carnation Coral?

Is this a carnation coral?
  12. R

CPR AquaFuge2™ PS

Anyone have any experience with these? http://www.cpraquatic.com/products/aquafugeps.html Thinking about taking the hang on filter off of tank and adding this. Tank is a 37 gallon. RoyB
  13. R

Copepods

Ordered some copepods from Reef Cleaners to seed my tank. Noticed in the add they come in green water. Was planning on adding right to tank. Will the green water cause an algae bloom or cause other problems? RoyB
  14. R

Aquarium Chiller

Am going to need a chiller before this summer. Looking for suggestions on which one to get. 37g tank kept in room that the daytime temp reaches 85-88 in the summer. The temp at night in the room is about 78-83. So I will be needing something to pull down 37g tank about 10 degrees and run pretty...
  15. R

Suicidal snails

Bought CUC from Reef Cleaners acouple of weeks ago. The Nerite Snails keep climbing out of tank. My tank has a rim and cover, they get out around the heater. Everyday I take them down from the top and put them back on the bottom. Then at night they climb back to the top again. About every other...
  16. R

Flow?

Have a 37 gallon marine land aquarium, 12w, 30L, 21H. Have a Aqueon 55/75 hang on filter 400gph flow rate & a Koralia 425gph. Would this be considered low or moderate flow rate? Going to add a couple of corals that call for moderate flow. Think that I may need to add 1 more Koralia 425. One end...
  17. R

Watermill Express water

I don't have a Ro/DI unit and have been buying water from Watermill Express, Looking at their process it should be good. http://www.watermillexpress.com/our_proc.html What does everyone think about this?
  18. R

RoyB's 37g tank

37g Marineland tank setup about 4 weeks ago, Setup Filter Aqueon 55/75 hang on filter 400gph flow rate Circulation pump Koralia 425 Lighting 2 T5 24w 6700k 2 T5 24w 420nm moonlights Heater Aqueon 150w 40 lbs live sand 16 lbs live rock 16 lbs dead rock Will...
  19. R

37g tank what fish can I add?

Setup a 37g tank aver 4 weeks ago. Setup Filter Aqueon 55/75 hang on filter 400gph flow rate Circulation pump Koralia 425 Lighting 2 T5 24w 6700k 2 T5 24w 420nm moonlights Heater Aqueon 150w 40 lbs live sand 16 lbs live rock 16 lbs dead rock Added 3 yellow tail damsels 3...
  20. R

New to forum

Joined to forum to get help with my new tank. Had SW tanks in the 70s and things have changed a lot in the last 40 years. Starting out with a 37g combined tank. Will start a tank thread. RoyB