Search results

1. Stephane Cote

Need ID, i think i know what it is.. but need confirmation

thx everyone.. it's hard to find solid information but you have basically confirmed everything ive been seeing. they are really tiny right now, i would say the size of a pea. and i don't think they are hard base because they move around.(a few inches here and there over the space of a week)
  2. Stephane Cote

Need ID, i think i know what it is.. but need confirmation

Hey guys, been a while but life got busy. It's been almost 3 years my tank is up and have now noticed something and need ur help to confirm (or tell me what it is). the picture below shows a small thing (currently pea size) that has tentacles. with small white balls at the end. i have about 4...
  3. Stephane Cote

HELP! I have had it with this algae!!

i love kids for that. they think basic and most of the time the 'solution' is staring your right in the face but we overcomplicate things. They, on the other hand, point out the 'obvious'.
  4. Stephane Cote

Worm ID please!

yeah those pictures do show the tunnels. for the next few days (YOU HAVE TO BE SURE) use a red flash light at night and try to locate it.. and spot where it retreats too. if needed, more things around slightly to get a good vision of where it's poking out of. once you can say 100% thats where...
  5. Stephane Cote

Worm ID please!

I noticed my yellow tang was getting his fins That was a concern of mine as well, so i came up with a trick. unfortunately it's VERY aggressive technique and should be used ONLY if you cannot locate the worm inside a rock. I honestly think it will be in a rock because the sand isnt deep enough...
  6. Stephane Cote

Worm ID please!

yeah they can get nasty. bazmackem, what tip'ed me off that i had 'something' was that the worm would create a burrow within the rocks and cover up it's 'tunnels' with sand. See picture of what it looked like under the rock where i found the first one. see any of those crafted tunnels anywhere...
  7. Stephane Cote

Worm ID please!

nanoreefing4fun i'd be careful about that thread. in my experience none of those suggestions work. the rat trap will only trap a part of the worm, and it will break and regrow. there are many many videos and such online on how to remove them, each a different techniques. while i contemplated...
  8. Stephane Cote

Worm ID please!

You got yourself a bobbit worm. and those are BAD. there is a post about mine in here "weird worm" be very careful. one small peice can regrow into a new worm. you need to extract this ASAP. find out what rock it' borrows in and yank it out. suspend it over 5-6 inches of water in a bucket and...
  9. Stephane Cote

Protip: Check your aquarium at night with a red light!

I dont know if many knows what kind of madness i've been going through with my (first) marine aquarium but i have been dealing with lots of ... how can i put this.... "1 chances in a gazillion" that i have a pest that, should not if rarely be found in live rocks.... a bobbit worm. My Original...
  10. Stephane Cote

Weird worm

Am i really that lucky to have 2 bobbit worms? Yes.. yes i am. bucket revealed this guy.... it's about 4-5 inches? I REALLLY HOPE thats the last i see if these pests.. GEEZ
  11. Stephane Cote

Reef Cleaners

if i would be off my work network id do a trace route to see where it dies. but i can say off hand i reach the server and html file because the title appears.. then nothing else. spins spins spins...
  12. Stephane Cote

Reef Cleaners

The page doesn't load for me.. that or it's EXTREMELY slow.(icon has been spinning for the past 2 minutes) with the browse saying 'waiting for www.reefcleaners.org'
  13. Stephane Cote

Weird worm

*Queue the DA DA DAAAAAA music* I moved some rocks a couple days ago to streamline some flow and tonight, i noticed and really really tiny worm spewing out some sand.. OH NOES it see antennas and prickly body. it looks... it looks like a small bobbit! its small.. 1inch around... sooooooooo...
  14. Stephane Cote

Moving my small saltwater tank into former freshwater 75G

Thank you! the tank has changes since (see the pic below). They are indeed pulsing xenias. my recommendation is to separate them from the main section of your tank. they spread REALLY quickly. just yesterday i was repositioning my LR (got hew wavemaker pumps) and found sprouts from the main...
  15. Stephane Cote

Moving my small saltwater tank into former freshwater 75G

if it were just me, i wouldnt transfer it over. i would wait until everything else is moved, then keep the 20gal with the LR in there and kill as much algea as possible (reduce phos/nitrate etc. then 100% water change and keep the LR in the tank for 30 days. after which THEN id transfer. else...
  16. Stephane Cote

HELP! Pumps!

i have a 5 stage BRS RO/DI. im confused because if i just topoff witha bucket of RO'ed water i dont have the burst of brownish stuff. yet, i put in a fresh batch of the same water but salted and a few days i see it more brown. i also got a reactor to remove phosphate AND silica but honestly i...
  17. Stephane Cote

Peppermint Shrimp

np Dianakay. i found however that proper acclimation is extremely important. i tend to drip for 2-3 hours. The reason why i say you have the good ones is because of the color of the tail. i had one with a blackish tail and i would not touch any of it. the 2 i got after were like yours. nice...
  18. Stephane Cote

HELP! The culprit found! (Help)

75 gal i do see some shells here and there.. lost maybe 1-2 snails. but the shells arnt cracked open. just laying there among the rocks. *shrugs* the only thing i've notice is my yellow tang. seems to have rips on his dorsal fin. but thats the only fish of all of them that has dmg. so im...