Search results

1. AquaFXdotnet

Carbon/GFO reactor

@Reefer there sure is.. My nitrates were haywire, and then found out that bio balls in an established reef tank can cause nitrates to be expelled. and so I turned my filter system into a refugium, and added a sock to the drop pipe from the tank and my nitrates went from a steady 40+ to 10. Of...
  2. AquaFXdotnet

Carbon/GFO reactor

We suggest the cobalt mj-1200, that's the same pump we use in our water transfer kit and like it because if there is any issues there is a 3 year warranty on it and the pumps seem to last however honestly that does come up to personal preference. we like it because we can quick connect it easily...
  3. AquaFXdotnet

Carbon/GFO reactor

If it may be something for you take a look at the options we have and see if it may interest you. https://aquariumwaterfilters.com/all-products/reactors-high-flow-systems/dual-chamber-reactor-detail
  4. AquaFXdotnet

Aquarium Specialty

Aquarium Specialty is an awesome company! We've been working with them for a long time and they also carry our RO/DI systems.
  5. AquaFXdotnet

My 57 Rimless

Very nice love the rimless tank! Did you custom make the sump / refugium?
  6. AquaFXdotnet

OMG Goby's can jump!!

Welcome to RS.. If it makes you feel any better when I first started my tank I had 5 fire gobys, and now I have 1. They are like lemmings I swear!
  7. AquaFXdotnet

I'm new here...hi, i'm brazilian ;)

Welcome to Reef Sanctuary! Everyone here is amazingly helpful, after you have posted 5 times you can also start a tank thread with pictures if you have a tank set up and we can follow in your journey!
  8. AquaFXdotnet

New tank and an exciting discovery

Welcome to RS and yes death to the aiptasia!
  9. AquaFXdotnet

Thanks

Welcome to RS, sounds like you've had a lot of support that's always awesome to hear! Same as Gas, I couldn't keep a FW tank if I wanted to either.
  10. AquaFXdotnet

Another disaster....flood free sump?

Ok now that im done rolling on the floor laughing, don't feel bad Diana, I found out the hard way myself when I was in St Pete I had a 60, and two 40 Gal Tanks all fed with one Sump and that's when I learned about Max Min and Tank sizes! It was about a 20 Gallon WHOOPS.. that's a ton of water on...
  11. AquaFXdotnet

Another disaster....flood free sump?

If your sump is overflowing and you have the HOB set at the right height in your tank then it may be that your sump is not large enough. Generally if your sump pump malfunctions, there should be enough water fill space for the tank to drain to the HOB limit and not overflow your sump. this is a...
  12. AquaFXdotnet

Refugium/Sump

Hey Marc, So I can answer some give personal opinions on others and dare not answer the rest.. Drill Tank - From my experience around the forum and research if your "thinking about drilling" Buy a drilled tank. I personally have a HOB and it works just fine for me. However, when I get my next...
  13. AquaFXdotnet

Unanswered Question

Coming from a fish only set up to now having a Reef its really hard for me to not like a DSB. Currently its about 4", the sand sifter and horseshoes love it! With that being said I'm considering aquascaping a smaller tank and with that I will probably go with no sand at all.
  14. AquaFXdotnet

Clean sand or don't clean sand?

+1 lbimini, also from what I've read be gentle when cleaning the sand too much agitation can cause a tank to mini cycle. Anyone else add to that?
  15. AquaFXdotnet

new max s 400

Welcome to RS lain! +1 to fine filter.
  16. AquaFXdotnet

Hello from Antwerp

Welcome to RS Frank! And nice cube! My suggestion is paint with a roller, you can get it done much faster to get to the tank.
  17. AquaFXdotnet

New to saltwater

Welcome to RS! Questions are expected so fire away, everyone here is extremely helpful!
  18. AquaFXdotnet

Introducing my third grade class

That is a fantastic start, and considering what fields you are teaching I would have thought this to be a no brainer for student education! If you have any questions everyone here at RS is awesome and can help immensely!
  19. AquaFXdotnet

Howdy

Marc welcome back to the saltwater world and RS! Did you originally run reef? or is this your first trip to Reef? I would suggest something that was new for me when I came back is a refugium, I just switched over to that and removed all my bio filter materials and my nitrates went from averaging...
  20. AquaFXdotnet

Hey lads

Sorry to hear that, glad your giving it another go! We all seem to learn the hard way or have at least one horrific story.