Search results

1. jnohs

ATTN all current and future clam keepers!!

I would like to mention to that i do not belive mh or vho lighting is necessary for a clam. I have had my clam about 2-3 years and it has easily doubled its size. I run 6 ho-t5 54w each. I just belive that clean water, stability in salinity and temp go a very long way.
  2. jnohs

sponges?

it is still a sponge and definalty filtering a lot of water for its size. you could look at at like a filterpad that is the same size but allways clean and allways working.
  3. jnohs

48" Tek T5 Lighting (6X54w bulb)

I have a 75 gallon tank with 3 double t5 54w fixtures. 10,000k 18,000k actnic-k actnic-k actnic-k 420 6,700k I have been using the lights for about 2 years now and I have multipule acros that are easily 4 times there orignial size . Also montipora plates growing like weeds. As well...
  4. jnohs

What type of clam do I own?

Thank you. I will consider the matter closed. considering the bluntness of your response i will assume that you are 100% sure. Thanks
  5. jnohs

What type of clam do I own?

I have had this girl for about 2 years now and has about doubled in size. I just dont know what type it is? any input would be good thanks.
  6. jnohs

Let's talk calcium reactors,

I also have a vauge undersatnding but would like to add that some of them allow you to run extreamly acdic levels in side the reactor and the ph meter just turns on and off a return pump. I would not recomend this type off set up because if there was a malfunction and the retun pump didnt stop...
  7. jnohs

Algae Turf Scrubber?

yes definaly do not use those pights they will explode once they are hot and water gets on them. I do not belive you will have the same problem eih cfl's. since they run at a cooler temp. but I would recomend a thin glas splash guard that is easliy removed, clean or replaced . Because if that...
  8. jnohs

Coralline Skrapings

the color will depend mostly on your lighting. I have purple growing allover my tank. Some people thik it is a pita but i like it. I tiurns the glass surface in to live rock. And looks much more naturale than glass.
  9. jnohs

Coral/Alge relationship in my tank...

I have been reefing now for about 4 years. I have gone through a couple of tanks 29 bio cube 14 bio cube 55 long no sump 75 gallon with sump, overflow, p skimmer, chiller, good lights (current tank) In my current tank witch is about 1 3/4 years old. I have had tremndouse growth in many...
  10. jnohs

Oh lordy lord, worst nightmare possibly?

i would recomend definaltly not useing old sand. at all
  11. jnohs

Reef-Safe Ich Treatment

And if you ask me. If you have a sand bed. It will now be infected with ich for ever.
  12. jnohs

Reef-Safe Ich Treatment

ok here it is. Slowly over the course of the next 2 weeks sipone out your sand bed. Once you have all the sand out. Do a large water change and wait 2 weeks and bam!!!! no more ich. If you remove the sand the ich will not be able complet its life cycle. Truthfully the ich is a survivor and will...
  13. jnohs

i need some advice on filtration for my 125 gallon

You could use the 2 top holes for a surface skimmer and return, to and from a sump. For one hole you would put a small skimmer box mounted around an intake setup. the other the normal 2 headed return "shape shifty thing". On the bottem 2 holes do a close loop system for good flow. That is...
  14. jnohs

Reef-Safe Ich Treatment

Does any 1 want to know my abasolutly reef safe ich treament???? Guranted to work.
  15. jnohs

A little help plz...

He is about 8" across and 3-4" wide.
  16. jnohs

A little help plz...

What type of clam do I own. Here are a few pics.
  17. jnohs

Damsel won't leave new yellow tang alone!

that is also a great and easy idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. jnohs

that is also a great and easy idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. jnohs

I think that is good advice and I also have done this and \forgot about it. once i read the word "pecking order" synapses started going off and a bell rang. I belive that you only need to move a few key rocks. just enough to make it differsent. In my tank that would be a pain. But I guess I...
  20. jnohs

November '09 POTM Voting!

that is a very amazing photo though, and definalty would have beat mine anyway.