Search results

1. S

LFS trying to rip me of

So my new return pump was defective on arrival, call the LFS he says sure I'll exchange it. Get there and they tell me it will take 3 weeks, you're not in a rush are you ? So they call after 4 weeks and guess what: they wanted me to pay extra as he could not find the identical pump. I told...
  2. S

Snail in the sump

Found a snail I didn't buy in the DT ( getting the hang of the acronyms ! :) ) I moved it to the sump, but I'm curious to what it is. Anybody got an ID for me ?
  3. S

How long does it take ... ?

Does anybody have a clue how long it takes for an olive tang to mature ? I've been curious, as I am now starting to wonder how old the fish actually is. The same goes for the Emperor angelfish, anybody any clue ? :)
  4. S

Imperator has a taste for polyps.

Yesterday I introduced some polyps to my tank: I have caught my imperator nipping at them twice now. It seems to know it shouldn't so it because It goes to regular swimming if I come close (lol) But anyway: anybody any tips to avoid this behaviour ?
  5. S

Anemone in the sump

So today did some work on the sump and ran in to this Anyone got an ID for me ?
  6. S

Sump set up

Having a new return pump I had the idea of simply building it in, but before I start working and take out the sump to place it and take it out later again for another project, I thought let's check here for some ideas. The sump is built up in this order: 1 water comes in via the overflow and...
  7. S

Public zoo Artis aquarium

Hi all, So here is one more public zoo in the Netherlands I went to. It's called Artis and is located in Amsterdam. Here are the pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5931kxw6o26hvo9/AABdFxlbkO_QI4NsaHFRpikla
  8. S

Blijdorp zoo aquarium

Hi guys and girls, Another week another public zoo aquarium that I wanted to visit for a long time. Here are some pictures from the Blijdorp zoo in Rotterdam: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/91zlhmop56z5ufl/AAAbPkI5jr4OVp23nEtoUQl8a
  9. S

Halide lights, how high do you hang them?

Hey people, Just picked up a 2x 250 Watts Halide fixture with 2 10K Kelvin lights. I want to hang them above the tank, my question : How high do I hang them? How much room is left between the tank and the lights?
  10. S

streaming pump placement

Hello fellow fish in the sea, When visiting my LFS I had a chance to talk to some veterans in the hobby. When we were talking about the tanks, one of them said to always point the streaming pumps up to the water surface, even the ones in the lower part of the tank. So no streaming pump...
  11. S

Burgers zoo, the Netherlands.

Hi guys, Went to Burgers zoo today. Didn't have a camera with me, but had my Phone so excuse the rough 'quality' and enjoy the park as well as the big tanks ! https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w9gc9cm6u4hyuxm/AAAR26JkWBvQDmeneCPLhVpwa
  12. S

in need of advice and guidance

Hello all, Well I have been busy with a lot of things and one thing I have not been giving the love and time it deserves is my marine tank .... I have been having several issues and to my feel, the tank could be doing a lot better! This tank has already been running for well over 2 years...
  13. S

need help ID'ing my fish

Hello all, Got to the LFS today and picked up a neon gobie. He had the regular ones and one with a red top fin. I have no clue as to what species it exactly is, maybe you can help?
  14. S

A hitchhiker with a galaxy shell

Hi all, The guy with the weird topic titles is back :). I found some hermits at a LFS that he was selling cheap, so I bought all 6 of the little ones for now and I need to ID them. 1 is identical to my other red hermit crab, so that one is known. But I had 5 hermits in identical shells...
  15. S

crab with BIG pointy claw...

Guys, Well, starting to explore the tank, I came across some pest animals I need to catch and today while I wanted to feed my orange tang, I saw a pretty avarage size crab ( 4-5 cm diameter body ) , with a BIG pointy claw. It was shiny black and it looked like it had a golden ?? stripe...
  16. S

Hello from the Netherlands

Hello people, I registered on this forum to get an answer on a crab killing my shrimp. People replied and helped, so thank you for that and here is my introduction :). I am a 26 year old ... well I don't know what you call it, I just work with computers. Let's keep it at that :). My...
  17. S

percnon killing shrimp

Hello people, I just registered for the website, sorry if I did not introduce myself by a large extend. I have a issue that is costing me : money, live animals and it makes me pissed as hell. My percnon crab just killed one of my bigger shrimp, it's one of the cleaning shrimp. I need...