Search results

1. caitrina

Cat's Healing Gift

:tears: WOW! That was sad....anyway an update, I have moved to the center of the state and guess what, I haven't seen any LFS in the area. I have seen those like petco but nothing major to talk about. I have also sold my tank, the one I said I was going to keep and set up again...I guess that...
  2. caitrina

Lynn's 90 gallons of Sunshine

All thoe pokes didn't work, but I talked to Lynn a few weeks ago and she says tanks are fine and all thr thingsI gave her are doing GREAT. The duncans took off like wild fire and all is just doing well. I don't come in anymore because it just makes me miss my tank more. It is amazing how much...
  3. caitrina

Is there such a thing as black zoa spiders???

ewwwww.....glad i never had any of those things
  4. caitrina

HMA’s 115 gal. Reef Tank

Hi Heinz, just showing off your tanks to my friend. Thigns as usual are absolutely beautiful. Hope all is fine with you.... :-)
  5. caitrina

What does not reef safe mean?

yep, a reef tank is like a potato chip, you can't have just one.....te he so one for reef one for live fishies....welcome to RS
  6. caitrina

The one thing you wish you had known...

oh yeah, make sure you read reefkeeping dangers! IT is a sticky here on the site and loaded with lots of good info of do's and don'ts...I just gave it a bump to bring it to the front so you could find it, but if it disappears by the time you look for it, just put it in the search box or ask...
  7. caitrina

Reefkeeping Dangers

I thought it was time for a bit of a :D bump here...yeah I know I didn't hit the bump face...hey I was too lazy to look for it...so anyway with new people posting I thought they should be made aware of this topic and read read read.....:fishy2:
  8. caitrina

The one thing you wish you had known...

Although I am tankless now I wish someone had told me that as my signature states... a reef tank is like a potato chip, you can't have just one! That is one of many things...it is very addicting, don't start small, the cost, the fun, the thrill, and the excitement you have while others look at...
  9. caitrina

Lynn's 90 gallons of Sunshine

Hey Lynn, how are the corals and such? You doin ok?
  10. caitrina

Andy's 29 Gallon Reef

Hi Andy, hows it goin?
  11. caitrina

BigAl's slow chronicle . . .

Hi Al, just checkin in. Opened up the first page and saw a pic and knew it had to be Heinz POM and sure enough it was...WOW what a guy, huh? Anyway, tank looks good and your hares...what a couple...I miss all this..well gotta go check and see if Lynn ever posted any pics of the corals I gave her...
  12. caitrina

The Great Un-Build

:lol: That is funny. I am glad they are happy. It was a shame I had lost 2 of them during the melt down. I really like those guys and glad I didn't lose them all.
  13. caitrina

The Great Un-Build

The engineers get pretty big and mine would have quickly outgrown my 65! I had mine for only about a year if that and he had grown really big in a small amount of time. I love them though, they are neat to watch!
  14. caitrina

The Great Un-Build

hmmm, wonder which ones you are talking about? I think those are called moon polyps and they will not remain white, they will eventually turn a greenish brownish color, they were in the melt down and are coming back and very healthy believe it or not. They are really cool though, one of my...
  15. caitrina

Whats Your Favorite Coral???

I'm like Snappy, I have sooo many favorites I can't tell you which one is my most favorite! :lol:
  16. caitrina

Cat's Healing Gift

Now that the tank is down it has gone full circle, I guess....hope for hope, life for life so to speak...I sat here and read back on many of these pages and I want to thank you all for the kindness, friendship, help, and many many laughs you have shared with me. It was great! Now to go full...
  17. caitrina

Please settle a "discussion" with spouse

My moonlights ran all the time, when I got my T-5's there was an auto timer on them, when the day lights and dusk lights went off the moonies came on. Either way doesn't really matter and yes,:bluenod: a PB account is required as well as pictures, we usually don't allow any posts without...
  18. caitrina

The Great Un-Build

The next thing to go was the coral. I didn't take as many pictures of them as I did the fish. I guess because many had closed up through the ordeal so there wasn't much to take. The ones I did take are still in my camera. The corals consisted of lettuce leather, green polyps, sun polyps, red...
  19. caitrina

Newbie here

Welcome to RS. Glad to have you here, jump right in the water has been tested!!! :wave: What Al and Mr X said.....
  20. caitrina

The Great Un-Build

Next went the buckets of sand and rock , to a different LFS who were also kind enough to pay me for the sand and rock.