Search results

1. P

Starting fish after cycle

Ya I know the 50's too small for the tang but he's in a smaller tank now. I got it a couple years ago and my LFS told me my 46 bow front is a suitable tank. So at least the 50's larger as its 4 ft long opposed to 3 ft. So you think I can't keep a snowflake with the Maroon he's a good 4 inches or...
  2. P

Top 10 nfl players 2013

I finished watching the top 10 of the top 100 players of 2013. I'm kinda disappointed be the results so I want to know who you think the top 10 is. Mine is 10. Drew Brees 9. Pactrick Willis 8. J.J Watt 7. Ray rice 6. Aldon smith 5. Peyton Manning 4. Calvin Johnson 3. Aaron Rodgers 2. Tom Brady...
  3. P

Starting fish after cycle

My tank has just finished the cycle. The animonia and nitrites have been at 0 for a while now and nitrates have gone down to 5 ppm. My question is what is a good first fish would be. It's a 50 gallon tank with 45 pounds or so of live rock with a hitch hiker anemone. I plan on adding a snowflake...
  4. P

Cycling help

K I added the silverside last night and I tested the water twice today and I got the same readings as before. I'll keep doin the water test for the next month if anything unusual happens I will post it.
  5. P

Cycling help

K I will wait for fish as I thought it was too soon. Instead of a piece of shrimp could I throw in a silverside or cube of brine shrimp. Thanks for the help
  6. P

Cycling help

I used one a small amount of brine shrimp for the bacteria. I did use live rock from my mature tank
  7. P

greetings

Welcome to RS
  8. P

Cycling help

Hello I have a 55 tank cycling for about a week now. I tested the water yesterday and was surprised by the results ammonia 0, ph 7.9 (little low but slowly raising it now), nitrite 0, nitrate 1. Is it to early for the tank to have cycled, I did use filter media and some water from my established...
  9. P

46 gallon fowlr and 55 gallon cycling

Ya thanks for the welcome. Ya I'm probably goin to stay semi local unless I get accepted to purdue. If I'm gone my dad can take care of my tanks as he has some experiences with reef tanks. I like the idea of making the 55 an aggressive FOWLR. Thanks for all the info
  10. P

Newbie question: How to add coral into tank

I would keep them on the rock their own as it's what I do. I don't know how to remove the coral from the rock their on now but if you want them on your rock in your tank you could always frag the mushrooms
  11. P

Stocking help

Hi I currently have a 46 gallon FOWLR with a yellow tank (bad advise from LFS), a maroon clown, a flame angle, a coral banded shrimp, and a few snails and hermits. I also have a 55 currently cycling which I want to make into a reef tank. I also really want a snowflake eel, what I was thinking...
  12. P

Sorry about putting this post in meet and greet section my bad. Well for meet and greet my name is John I'm 18 years old I have had tropical tanks since I was 10 my. Latest tanks have been a 55with 2 oscars and a 46 FOWLR tank. I have since sold the oscars and currently changing the tank into a...
  13. P

Hello I have a question I'm looking to turn one of my tanks into a reef tank. I have a 46 and a 55 which is currently cycling. I have 1 yellow tang(bad advise from lfs), 1 Maroon clown, 1 flame angel, 1 coralbanded shrimp in the 46. I have my heart on a snowflake eel which tank or setup is...