Search results

1. D

Stinky fry tank

The water in the tank that I am using to raise my fry gets a very strong "saltwater marsh" smell after about 24 hours. I am using the water from the parents tank and have a heater and an airline running in the tank. Any idea what would be causing the strong smell? The ammonia level is...
  2. D

Phytoplankton crash

My phytoplankton keeps crashing right after I start a new culture. It looks good for a day or two then it turns a light yellow color and never develops into the usual green color. My initial cultures did well for about three weeks and then the crashes started. I am using and reusing 2L soda...
  3. D

Percula clownfish laid eggs

My percula clownfish laid eggs yesterday. I looked into raising the fry and I know that it is very involved. I would only go through the process if I could sell the little ones....since I do not want to add any more fish to my tanks. Do you think that it is worth the effort and how do I go...
  4. D

Hi I am new to this site

Hello - I am new to this forum and am looking for help with my 13 year old maroon clown. I placed a post under your saltwater fish diseases forum.
  5. D

Please help with sick maroon clown fish

I am looking for any help with my 13 year old maroon clown. She is not eating, has a clamped dorsal fin, she is staying near the bottom in one section of the tank and she has a strange bleached streak in her middle section. I have done two water changes. Added "Purigen". Raised the Ph from 8.0...