Search results

1. W

Aiptasia and my RBTA

So I have been having a small outbreak of Aiptasia. Been handling it with Aiptasia X and it works but can never seem to get them all. I was ok with it and just dealt with it as they came. But today I noticed my RBTA which is about a quarter in size moving around alot and standing on its side...
  2. W

New 75 gallo tank equipment suggestions

Hi there. Most of y'all know me as the teacher with a 29 cora life biocube in his classroom. Where it was so successfully principal has thrown out ideas of mother larger tank. I am thinking 75 gallon rimless. So what would be equipment to buy. I have only had the biocube so never had to buy...
  3. W

Help my pipe organ!!

Below USA pic of my pipe organ. It has been in the tank for about 3 months and doing fine. Then red macro algae began growing. I heard it was a good thing so let it stay. We'll it is now taking over my pipe organ! Only half of it blooms! What should I do!
  4. W

Cyano!! AHHH!

So most of you know me....29 Coralife Biocube with stock equipment except for a heater. I have 2 ocillaris clowns, a new RBTA (doing well), a few zoa frags, a few mushrooms, and a pipe organ. I have alot of cyano all over the sand!! So here is what I am doing. Getting a new power head today to...
  5. W

Too Much Bioload?

I have a 29 Biocube from Coralife with everything standard from the box. No upgrades. It has been up and running for a year now and is going great. Got 2 ocillaris clowns doing very well, an emerald crab, and a few snails. A few mushroom, some small zoa frags, and a pipe organ. I am ready to...
  6. W

How to make refugium in Biocube 29

After much debate I took the biocubes out of my biocube 29 over a 4 week period and just fniishd today. Was wondernig what I should put in there? Was thinking just putting a piece of my rock and a few snails. Any advice? What will benefit tank the most?
  7. W

Red/Purple Algae??

Some of you may know me from "Ready for CUC" post. My tank has been set up since February. The tank has cycled and everyone seems ok. Salinity is 1.025, temp is 77.9 F, no nitrates or nitrites. Have .25 ammonia but I will explain why. Since the tank has been set up I put a pair of crhomis in...
  8. W

Ready for CUC?

I recently aquired a BioCube 29 from Coralife. I Have been cycling for 3 weeks now and my numbers are looking good. Ammonia levels at 0, NO3 at around 10 and NO2 at 0. 3 days ago decided to put 2 chromis in there. They died after a few days. Left their bodies in there to help with the cycle. The...
  9. W

Teacher Starting Classroom Reef

Hi everyone!! I am a 7th grade life science teacher who has been wanting to do this for awhile and finally might be able to get the funding to do so. I have been tons of research on it and am confident on being successful. I mainly want to show my kids various things with this including the...
  10. W

Classroom Teacher About to Start Coral Reef in Classroom

Hi everyone!! I am a 7th grade life science teacher who has been wanting to do this for awhile and finally might be able to get the funding to do so. I have been tons of research on it and am confident on being successful. I mainly want to show my kids various things with this including the...