Search results

1. W

Aiptasia and my RBTA

Yup that is exactly what I am referring to. With a Tunze Nano DOC 9002 skimmer. With the cube attachment.
  2. W

Aiptasia and my RBTA

Well the lights have been upgaded to a combo of LED and flourecenet. I am debating on ditching the stock carbon filter na dgetting the shelf with three different filters and a protein skimmer in chamber 2. Also going get some peppermint shrimp today. 2 sound good?
  3. W

Aiptasia and my RBTA

Which species?
  4. W

Aiptasia and my RBTA

He is below the clownfish. This is the back of the tank.
  5. W

Aiptasia and my RBTA

This is him 3 weeks ago. Only had him about a month. This is where he originally stayed all the time. Getting updates now.
  6. W

Aiptasia and my RBTA

I will post in a sec. Now I am worried because he has moved behind the rocks. He is in the back where no light is around. SHould I leave him be and he does his own thing or try and move him myself.
  7. W

Aiptasia and my RBTA

So I have been having a small outbreak of Aiptasia. Been handling it with Aiptasia X and it works but can never seem to get them all. I was ok with it and just dealt with it as they came. But today I noticed my RBTA which is about a quarter in size moving around alot and standing on its side...
  8. W

New 75 gallo tank equipment suggestions

I looked at the RSM 250 and love it!! it really depends on how much funding I get. If I only get around$2500 then of course the RSM 250 but if I can get like $5000 I would love one of the new S series. They look amazing!
  9. W

New 75 gallo tank equipment suggestions

Hi there. Most of y'all know me as the teacher with a 29 cora life biocube in his classroom. Where it was so successfully principal has thrown out ideas of mother larger tank. I am thinking 75 gallon rimless. So what would be equipment to buy. I have only had the biocube so never had to buy...
  10. W

Help my pipe organ!!

Update. The two small broken off piece showed no sign of life so I took a chance and gave them a peaceful respite. The larger piece however seems to be free of the red stuff and I see signs of things starting to come out! Praying it is ok!any advice?
  11. W

Help my pipe organ!!

We'll I took it out and put submerged in a tuber ware of tank water. Using tweezers I got off what I could. One issue it did break into three pieces :( so now I have three pieces of piper organ. For now I put all three back in tank to see if anything starts popping out. Or did I just destroy my...
  12. W

Help my pipe organ!!

Like remove all of it from the tank or just the pipe organ part? The pipe organ is the only thing it really bothering. And I did try and pull some off the pipe organ but was worried I was hurting it. Was as hard to pull off as pulling weeds out of the ground.
  13. W

Help my pipe organ!!

Below USA pic of my pipe organ. It has been in the tank for about 3 months and doing fine. Then red macro algae began growing. I heard it was a good thing so let it stay. We'll it is now taking over my pipe organ! Only half of it blooms! What should I do!
  14. W

Cyano!! AHHH!

By the way the pump is a koralia 1600/425
  15. W

Cyano!! AHHH!

Better yet here is a pic lol. This is yesterday. I have the pump now just looking best place to put.
  16. W

Cyano!! AHHH!

Also where do you think I should put the pump? Imagine this is a top view of my tank: 1 = the stock pump output which is all I have going 2 = the water intake filtration 3 = the RBTA located low to the sand between two rocks 0 = the sand location where the cyano is the worse So mabey...
  17. W

Cyano!! AHHH!

Thanks for all the support! Think the RITA will be ok without lights for a few days? Should I hand feed during the blackout?
  18. W

Cyano!! AHHH!

So most of you know me....29 Coralife Biocube with stock equipment except for a heater. I have 2 ocillaris clowns, a new RBTA (doing well), a few zoa frags, a few mushrooms, and a pipe organ. I have alot of cyano all over the sand!! So here is what I am doing. Getting a new power head today to...
  19. W

Too Much Bioload?

Well in that case I will go with the gobies and shrimp. Any particular kinds of each? And how many of each?