Search results

1. A

Shark Tank Pool

No, But I imagine it's at least 10,000 gal.
  2. A

Shark Tank Pool

No, Surprisingly it's at the Golden Nugget.
  3. A

Shark Tank Pool

I live in Las Vegas and last weekend I was downtown in one of the hotels and found this pool thats in a shark tank. In one of the pics you can see a water tube slide that goes through the center of the shark tank. I thought I would post some pics because i think its cool. Kinda freaky too.
  4. A

DIY rotating returns?

I did some research on EDUCTORS today and found this thread on RC Reef Central Online Community - 2x EDUCTORS & NO MORE POWERHEADS!! I think I'll give them a try.
  5. A

Icecubes?

NOW THATS A SWEET IDEA! What pump our you running? do you have problems ft pressure with all those turns?
  6. A

Sump/Wet-Dry/Refugium Design

I would consider placing your return zone in the center between your fuge and skimmer. have 2 inlets one to your wet dry and the other to the fuge. then you can use a valve to adjust flow to your fuge. Check out Melevsreef.com - Welcome! and look at model f under sump designs.
  7. A

Starting up the 46 Gal. Bow AGAIN???

I second that. a safe zone is 1" for every 5 gal.
  8. A

DIY rotating returns?

Under constuction: tank: 85 gal. long sump/fuge: 45 gal. long (using about 1/2 capacity) skimmer: euroreef 135rs return pump: mag-drive 18
  9. A

DIY rotating returns?

I thinking of a way i can maybe rotate my returns from my sump for better currents in my tank. Like the sea swirl. Another idea i was thinking of was increasing the diameter of my outlet so i had a wider flow from my return. Or another idea is maybe having my return have 2 T's and a 45 at the...
  10. A

DIY rotating returns?

Does anybody know a good web page to find info on diy rotating returns. i found a web page called van's reef but its somewhat out of date and incomplete. thanks for the help.
  11. A

pvc glue & primer Q?

cool. Nice DIY cioutlaw.:)
  12. A

pvc glue & primer Q?

I got some Oatey regular LO-VOC clear pvc cement and Oatey LO-VOC PURPLE PRIMER at Home Depot. Will this be ok for my aquarium plumbing? Thanks.:)
  13. A

lights question?

yup, same here.
  14. A

substrate articles/threads?

hello everyone. Since I'm getting a new tank I decided to do some research and try to find out what a good subtrate would be.(Brand, Type, Size, ect.) and was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction to some good articles, threads, ect. thanks.
  15. A

My Tank Cracked Too!!

It was a 84 gal long.
  16. A

Tank crack!!! Had to move the gang too early

I'm sorry to here that. I know exactly how your feeling rt now.
  17. A

My Tank Cracked Too!!

Thanks guys. Well I didn't have a hole lot (thank god) which my bud is putting in his tank tell i figure out what to do. I'm trying to see the positive part out of this hole experience (i guess) and get to upgrade my tank as well. I like glass so probably another one (thicker this time!) w/...
  18. A

My Tank Cracked Too!!

Yup. The water went through the wall and into the next room. I have a friend that owns his own carpet cleaning business. he's on his way over.
  19. A

My Tank Cracked Too!!

Last night about 2 in the morning a large piece of live rock fell and cracked the side of my tank all the way to the bottom (i'm not going to say how. it makes me angry thinking about it). What a mess!! I have been upgrading my tank adding a sump, better lights, skimmer, refinished my canopy...