Search results

1. AdvanceAquatics

WTB Sand shifting starfish @ 2"est

If anyone has one or knows were I can get one. I am having a hard time finding one.
  2. AdvanceAquatics

Cleaning salt lines from glass...

I wanted to know if anyone had any tricks on how to get the slat line off of glass. It drives me Nuts- my older tank is pretty bad but my newer one I am cleaning like crazy to keep it from not getting a salt line, but it kinda has a light one. any ideals other then pads?
  3. AdvanceAquatics

Sand Shifters

Other then Crabs or starfish, would there be anything else that I could get for my Reef Tank to kind of Stir up and shift the sand for me. I am starting to get bubbles in the sand. Although the tank is doing good I like to have the sand maintenanced a bit more. by someone other then...
  4. AdvanceAquatics

Markets Best Master Test Kit

As I have desided to get another tank so does the collection of goodies. i was looking into a couple different test kits and although I didnt have any real problems before I wanted to see if any one else had any recommendations on the best master reef test kit. I really want an all in one unit...
  5. AdvanceAquatics

Who has the best Nano Setup?

Just wanted to know which company offers The best Nano Set up? Include your vote and why? Price, Flex Platform, Lighting, filtration,ect.,ect Also include any dislikes-Or "what would make the out of box set up better". Thanks
  6. AdvanceAquatics

OT: Whats the Craziest Thing You done 4Reef$

As the title says: I want to know whats the craziest "extream"thing you guys and gals have done to come up with those extra DALLOR$-for your Reed, Equipment, Coral or even for that Must have fish.... And I mean Crazy-Im talking going house to house with your 12yr son to shovel snow or rake...
  7. AdvanceAquatics

UPGRADING:FW to Reef:CreativeDIYersWanted:

Well i been thinking and Im die for a BIG Reef tank, Currently my DIY (Sea Of Titans) set up is FW with live aquatic plants. the FW fish are begoming real titans and will be upgraded into a larger tank,soon. So I have the option of converting, I love this tank it was my first ever full DIY and...
  8. AdvanceAquatics

Cali Shrimp?/ from deep sea

I saw on comcast demand that deep sea doc. and there was a shrimp called a California mantis shrimp...? I believe did any one see that show? nd if so the you know what i talking about....can you get them at all in the hobby?
  9. AdvanceAquatics

OT: Zero Edge Aquariums

I have been working and putting extra money to the side for my new reef tank. Hoping to start in mid July after the holiday and my vaca. I have been slowly saveing for 2months now so that I can get everything at once and making my wish list. Orignaly I was going to do a 250-265g, DIY the...
  10. AdvanceAquatics

Lets Play a game; Reefers Clue

Freddieg275, has had 4 clown fish die in like 2 weeks. Who did it? Were! It is a Nano Reef set up and it is stock. So that could have a factor, but lets say it was good...(dont want lil nano reefs vs monster reefs ppl fighting, altho my vote is MONSTER...LOL). Who? 4 clown fish who have...
  11. AdvanceAquatics

We Need A DIY Forums

I dont see one and I always see Questions in other forums that are DIY related...I like to answer and post on the DIY the most....Think we should have one:whstlr:
  12. AdvanceAquatics

Just Looking For an Ideal,Building Reefs

As an Ideal, what could you use other then Live or Dead rock when building a Reef Aquarium? Could you use concrete for the coral, for example with freshwater I have done a couple 3d backgrounds with styrofoam and concrete. Once it curels it fine...but could you do the same with a Reef.? Or has...
  13. AdvanceAquatics

Fully Custom 180g Glass Aquarium

Due to a recent oppertunity in Cali, I am to be moving in June and must sell all of my Aquariums to finish raising the money I will need, plus I will not have the option to bring them with me. This is The Sea Of Titans, My pride and Joy I built myself and now needs a new home. Built in Nov...