Search results

1. mydoghasfleas

Diatoms!!

^+1....and CUC information as well.
  2. mydoghasfleas

Old Dog learning New tricks - My Nano Blog

Tanks looking awesome. I know you have been told already, but your rock is super cool!
  3. mydoghasfleas

new guy

Hi, welcome to RS. Lots of learning with cool people! :bouncer:
  4. mydoghasfleas

Cadlight 8 gallon reef

Your nano reef is awesome!
  5. mydoghasfleas

Hi and welcome :dance: Cant wait to see pics of your tanks!
  6. mydoghasfleas

Glenn's Reef RSM 250

Great looking tank! Will be following from here on out ^_^.
  7. mydoghasfleas

Bad experience with Affordable Aquatics

What were those things again......oh yeah, morals or something along those lines. :bs:
  8. mydoghasfleas

Loose Ricordea

You can try a closed container (strawberry container). The flow has to be low enough to let it rest on the rock you want to attach to. +1 to Ddeldozier and the glass bowl. That sounds good too.
  9. mydoghasfleas

Loose Ricordea

Put the Ric in a calm spot on top of some small rock rubble and it will attach all by itself. We used to use small open top creates filled with small rock rubble and place loose Rics inside to reattach. The crate will help to keep the coral and rubble (or rock of your choice) in place...
  10. mydoghasfleas

Charlie's lgihts

Thanks for the links Nanoreefing4fun! I am considering a DIY PVC framed combination of (3) 400 watt MH and (12) custom built LED clusters. I will run the wiring through the PVC to controllers and ballasts shelf hidden in the back.
  11. mydoghasfleas

Charlie's lgihts

thanks for all the help Doogle! yeah, might be worth waiting a couple years for LED. We will see, I am in no rush. ^_^
  12. mydoghasfleas

Charlie's lgihts

very true! they look slick, but I will look into the evergrow LED's and compare. Yeah I plan on running two 1/2 hp chillers (already have one from an older tank sitting in the garage). Still wondering how many units (Mitras) would be sufficient? Wouldn't mind dropping some mullah on some...
  13. mydoghasfleas

Tank transfer method - how to?

^+1 to Ddelozier. Good luck!
  14. mydoghasfleas

Charlie's lgihts

Wow, didn't know the strides LED had made. Expensive, but will cut down on my need to buy (and build) a hood, replacement bulbs, and fans. So could be worth it. I love the way they looked on Rods tank. My question is would 5 units (GHI Mitras 6100 HV) be sufficient?
  15. mydoghasfleas

Charlie's lgihts

I have never personally worked with LED's, so wasn't the first option to pop into my mind. Do you have any links to threads of large SPS tanks running on LED's?
  16. mydoghasfleas

some more pics of my 2 month old nano!

lps and scallop look sweet!
  17. mydoghasfleas

Charlie's lgihts

Hey guys, just want some thoughts and suggestions. Designing lights for new 270 gallon (72x36x24) sps reef, and this is what I was thinking. X6 250 watt mh x6 160n watt vho x8 drilled in fans Any thoughts?:snshne:
  18. mydoghasfleas

setting up new tank, first time using forums

These were pictures taken early on in this tanks life....all I could find though ^_^