Search results

1. U

Help with coral ID

very poorly looking lobophylia
  2. U

taking the RSM 250 apart?

Hi, yeah it would be a first :) :) Tom yeah I understand the power centre is a bummer, but I figured I could make a box weir in the opposite corner so that it would be symmetrical, still gaining valuable display space N8 my sump does indeep have a 'fuge (with Halimeda and Chaeto) you cant...
  3. U

taking the RSM 250 apart?

Hi all, Im happy with my RSM now (finally after replacing all the pumps, stock skimmer, adding extra lamps and a sump using a DIY overflow tube.....) but I now am in a position where I dont really need the rear section as my skimmer is in th esump. TO me its just dead wasted space. I think I...
  4. U

Deltec mc500 for sale

ok thats all good and correct. Im not sure hwo low you have it fitted but I had mine as high as it was possible to fit it and still have the lid on and close the RSM lid. I used to run mine with the weir set so that the display was at just above the plastic outer rim and the back chambers were...
  5. U

Tok's RSM 250

I personally run at 28
  6. U

Deltec mc500 for sale

Ive run one now for about 2 years, try and explain to me whats happening? First off how have you installed it? by cutting away the plastic traingle or some other method? Next how high are you running your water level in the rear and I presume youve removed all the sponges and crap (bio rings...
  7. U

Tok's RSM 250

Odd choice, im not aware of any coral reefs that have an average sea temperature that low..............
  8. U

Deltec mc500 for sale

I have no idea why you cant get this to work.... its easier to set up and get skimmin than the standard one IMO
  9. U

250 Rebuild - Experiment

Dr Tim has a phd in bad advise................
  10. U

Greybolt03 RSM 250 Ecoxotic LED conversion

room in the middle for a TMC tile.... :)
  11. U

New RSM 250 Owner modding the stand for a bigger sump

check back with pics when its cracked ;)
  12. U

HELP - Leaking Rsm 250

exact same thign happened to me, leaked from the same place.... kev sorted me a new tank too so I feel your pain! If you have a local LFS you cn usually get old salt buckets from the FOC, Id recccommend mixing up at least 100 litres of fresh salted water so you can move your stock into several...
  13. U

New RSM 250 Owner modding the stand for a bigger sump

whatever you do dont cut or remove the centre support...... much better to make one custome sump each side and connect them than cut out that support
  14. U

Anyone overdriven the RSM 250 ballasts yet?

? seriously? to get more PAR from the lights
  15. U

Really? There are 3 ballasts in the hood, each running a pair of t5's each. Here's one:
  16. U

As above, has anyone tried it out yet? :dryer:
  17. U

Think I may have a leak

Happened to mine too in the same place, red sea replaced the tank and stand (as that got water damaged by the drip)
  18. U

Lock line for RSM250

I bought some Chinese copy locline from the fishstreet site and just cut the splitter clang down till it was the right size and wedged it in to the original first section
  19. U

Plumbing Chiller + UV

forget the UV - completely pointless devices
  20. U

Problems with rear fans on RSM250

The simple answer is to buy new ones, but I highly upgrading to 2x80mm noctura fans :) you need to cut out the vertical plastic bar and then cobble together a way to power them but they kick out a lot more air than the standard ones :)