Search results

1. BigAl07

Researching Red Sea REEFER™ NANO

As the title implies I'm currently researching the Red Sea REEFER™ NANO but can't find a lot of Real-World information on it. In searching the "Chronicles" I don't see anyone who is currently running one. Is that because it's too new? Because it's not up to PAR (see what I did there LOL) or some...
  2. BigAl07

Few Random pics from snorkeling last week in Bahamas and Grand Turk

As the title hints.... Few Random pics from snorkeling last week in Bahamas and Grand Turk. If you get the chance to get down there GO! We had an absolute BALL!! Julie and Al snorkeling Shade time at Grand Turk Maze Coral Lionfish (laying in wait for next meal) Feather...
  3. BigAl07

It happened AGAIN!!

Last year on 3/28/2013 the Green Star Polyps (GSP) in my NanoCube 12DX (12g system) spawned. I know I started a thread about it but for the life of me I can't find that thread. :dunno: Well today it happened again. Mid-morning today I started noticing "floating debris" in my tank. I watched...
  4. BigAl07

RSM S-Series w/o lights (S-400, S-500 or S-650)

RSM S-Series w/o lights (S-400, S-500 or S-650) Does anyone have a source for these tanks w/o the lights? I really want to get one but it's a waste of $$ to get them with the lights when I will be running GHL Mitras LED over my tank. I'd really hate to waste the $$ of buying the unit with...
  5. BigAl07

WTB: MP10 Dryside

I'm looking for a "gently used" MP10 dryside. I rebuilt the wetside and then a month later the dryside gets REALLY loud and warm to the touch. It kept getting worse and worse so I had to take it out of service. :( Post here or PM me if you have one for sale and let's get one in the mail ASAP :)
  6. BigAl07

BBC - Underwater time-lapse shows secret life of a coral reef

Just released today: Underwater time-lapse shows secret life of a coral reef 17 January 2014 Last updated at 00:29 GMT Australia's Great Barrier Reef - the world's largest living organism - has been entrancing divers with its vivid colours and curious lifeforms for centuries.... (See...
  7. BigAl07

~ September 2013 VOTM Contest ~

That's right.. your eyes aren't deceiving you and that isn't a TYPO. This month we want to try something new... it's called Video Of The Month. Pay attention because some of the "details" are a little different than your regular POTM. This month we'd like to see you (or a member of your...
  8. BigAl07

Hidden Rivers- vibrant yet little-known life of Southern Appalachian Rivers

Here's a "Preview" of a film series about rivers around where I live (Southeastern US) with some of the footage actually shot very local to where I'm sitting right now. Watch and enjoy: Hidden Rivers A short preview of our forthcoming film series on the vibrant yet little-known life of...
  9. BigAl07

~August 2013 Photo Contest Winner~

"Coolest HitchHiker" Winner: ChrissyGil Sponsor: Reef Cleaners - Clean Up Crews and Macroalgae Congratulations ChrissyGil! You'll get a message with details shortly in PM from me on how to collect your prize from the gang at Reef Cleaners - Clean Up Crews and Macroalgae :)...
  10. BigAl07

~ August 2013 POTM voting ~

August's contest theme is "Coolest HitchHiker" Winner will receive a gift from John and the whole gang at Reef Cleaners - Clean Up Crews and Macroalgae . So vote now and thanks for ALL of your support :D
  11. BigAl07

~ August 2013 POTM Contest ~

August's contest theme will be "Coolest HitchHiker" If you've got em let us see em :) Show us your favorite (most colorful, most scary, cutest) HitchHiker in your tank. Winner will receive a gift from John and the whole gang at Reef Cleaners - Clean Up Crews and Macroalgae ...
  12. BigAl07

~July 2013 Photo Contest Winner~

July 2013 Red, White and/or Blue Winner: imsalty Sponsor: My Reef to Yours - Coral Frags Congratulations imsalty! You'll get a message with details shortly in PM from me on how to collect your prize from the gang at My Reef To Yours :) Please take a moment to congratulate...
  13. BigAl07

~ July 2013 POTM voting ~

July's contest theme is "Red White & Blue" Winner will receive a $50 Gift Certificate from the gang at My Reef To Yours - Coral Frags So vote now and thanks for ALL of your support :)
  14. BigAl07

High Dollar Coral - Worth it?

What are your thoughts? Visit this link and vote/comment what you think Aussie Scolymia – Pick It or Stick It? I left my vote... what's your call?
  15. BigAl07

July 2013 POTM Contest~

*digging through the closet and pulling out some older ideas* July's contest theme will be "Red White & Blue" In honor of of America's Independence Day, July 4th, let's see the "Red White & Blue" color scheme of your tank. It can be Red/White, Blue/Red, Blue/White or any combination...
  16. BigAl07

Are you SOCIAL?

Random title/question no? LOL! I'm just curious: Who is using social media (like on a daily basis) and how often do you use it? Also if you use it a lot what are you using it for (kill time, look up family/friends, other . . )? Which social media do you use the most and why? If...
  17. BigAl07

Picture of the Month suggestions . . .

We're excited to be starting the "Picture Of The Month" contests again. It's been side-lined for way too long (Allen's fault) and it's time to get this rolling again. I'm looking for some input from our membership.We're looking to get some "Subject" idea for Reef Sanctuary "POTM" contests...
  18. BigAl07

~Electrical Needs ~

I'm in the process of getting bids from subcontractors on a new house build. The house will have a "Built-In" tank on the main level with an equipment room directly behind the tank and another equipment room in the basement directly below the main tank room. Upper Tank room will house...
  19. BigAl07

Strange Behavior . . . Imagine what goes on when we're NOT looking?

Watch this video of a Stingray trying to ingest a Gutattus Tang. This is one of those time the Stingray said, "What I would give for a couple of hands and meat ripping teeth right now" LOL (video posted by Michelle Bedolla on YouTube) http://youtu.be/B03uqWBrqqg
  20. BigAl07

Local club member's tank video (watch in HD)

This is a video made by Thomas Vision Reef on youtube. Seth is a member of RASOC and is a "Reefing Natural" to say the least. This is only his 2nd tank and it's one that creates some serious AWE when you see the video. http://youtu.be/J3JRuy4uxiI If you like it... then LIKE it :)