Search results

1. Z

Ashley's Seahorses

What specific gravity do you keep your tank at?
  2. Z

Seahorses

I have a lot of experience with several species of seahorses, if you want to try again I can help you troubleshoot what went wrong. Something that gets my attention off the bat is the low cost - regardless of what your LFS tells you, at that price probably not tanked raised. It takes an immense...
  3. Z

Hitchhiker Help!

Found this guy at the base of a small Mayan Sun zoa colony. Saw a cloudy bubble where it was and good thing I decided to suck it out because it turned out to be eggs. Any idea what this snail/seahare/nudi is? The thing is about 1/2" long. I'm having an issue with something eating the base of my...
  4. Z

Caveman's RSM 130d journal

I bought a BioCube 29 late January of this year; got the tank & stand as a package deal. The BioCube stand came with 2 left doors. I actually had a friend come over to do a sanity check for me & turns out I had to make a new hole for the door knob to make it a "right door" (didn’t feel like the...
  5. Z

RSM 250 How good is it ??

Be cautious with this LED = "Solved" heat problems - I replaced my RSM 130D T5s with StevesLEDs to reduce heatload versus getting a chiller (also I work for an LED upgrade company) and although overall very pleased - it didn't reduce the heatload as much as I liked. I still have to use evap...
  6. Z

Coralife Biocube 29 Questions

I have Steves LED kits on both my nanos. Excellent customer service (they answered all my annoying questions - very timely too!), excellent products, and the 95% complete kit is a great way to save yourself some time and frustration. Directions are a little vague though - only negative really...
  7. Z

Ro/Di filters

With the research I did on price, performance, filter replacement schedule/pricing, I ended up going with the iSprings 7 Stage Unit. My ground water tap was testing TDS at +400ppm & Nitrate at +40ppm so this was necessary. I’ve had it since August 2012 and love it.
  8. Z

flowerpot coral puffed up

I've had a green flowering pot for a few months now and the few times it puffed up as a whole that I've noticed is from touching other corals, just yesterday my gf moved a Xenia frag too close and it puffed up. Moved it away, an hour later was stretched out again. The base of mine is only about...
  9. Z

Purigen and Chemipure Elite? Redundant? or worth running both?

RSM130D: I did the same thing. Got the InTank media basket and pump upgrade and I still had the COD flow issue with floss or smaller cut polyfilter - both would gunk up and cause small bubbles due to flow barely going over 2nd chamber wall. Btw, this also caused problems with my Tunez 9002...