Search results

1. corrado007

Justin’s 28 gallon JBJ LED Nano Cube

I’ve decided to give up on reef keeping. No, of course not really :), I’m just going to be downsizing a bit. We will be having our fist child in about 7 weeks so I decided to preemptively minimize my time spent on reefkeeping while still being able to enjoy it. I know there will be little time...
  2. corrado007

What Is Your Favorite Heater?

I'm curious what brand of heater everyone prefers and I couldn't find a poll on this topic yet. I am trying to decide on a 100W heater for a JBJ 28 gal LED Nano Cube that I will be setting up shortly. I have done quite a bit of research and have found that some suggest there is no need for a...
  3. corrado007

Downsizing from 90gal - ~30gal Nano options w/ LED lighting?

Hello everyone, I'm hoping some of your experience and knowledge might shed some more light on a topic I've been researching. I've done quite a bit of searching and I just want to double check if what I've found is accurate and I'd like to see if perhaps you guys may have some other options for...
  4. corrado007

Here is a HelloLights coupon code

I'm sure many people got the same e-mail but just in case someone didn't, here's a few coupon codes that are good till 10/20. I can't believe it's already October tomorrow. Take $5 off any retail order over $50 by using this coupon code.* OCT10LED050 Take $15 off any retail order...
  5. corrado007

Opinions please: Blackcap Basslet or Royal Gramma

I removed my Orchid Dottyback during a recent aquascaping since it's very slightly aggressive and I think I may bother a firefish I'd like to add. Since I've removed it I'd like to get something similarly colored but more peaceful to replace it. I would like to replace the dottyback with a...
  6. corrado007

Suggestions please: Best Tang for my BSJF?

My Pacific Blue Tang is relentlessly picking on my Bluespot. The tang swims down to his burrow and gets in his face. If she finds him out of his burrow, she chases him and nips at him. He gets all scared and goes to the surface and jumps out of the water. He can't get out, the tank is BSJF...
  7. corrado007

Back in the club!

Hello everyone. I've been away for a while but I'm back in the club. I picked up a little bluespot about a month ago. He's doing well and has 2 different burrows on either side of the tank that he goes between, usaully staying in the one on the left front of the tank. In any case, I've got...
  8. corrado007

Some macro shots, time for a new camera.

I was looking around in the photography section of RS and was amazed at the clarity and color of some of the macro shots I saw posted. I tried to take a few with my little point and shoot Sony Cyper-shot DSC-W90 and I have to say, there is no comparison between a point and shoot and a DSLR...
  9. corrado007

Copper and equipment questions

I used one of those black plastic stealth heaters in a qt tank w/ copper treatment. Is that heater safe to use in my ro/di-salt mix brute trash can to keep my water change water at the proper temperature or is the heater now tainted for life? I read in a few threads that copper can be absorbed...
  10. corrado007

How long do your 250W SE MH bulbs last?

I've had 2 halide bulbs go out over the past few months so I'd like to see if mine are going out more quickly than they should or not. Since 250 SE MH bulbs are very common and in order to rule out as many variables as possible I'm going to limit this poll to that specific style/size of bulb...
  11. corrado007

RC SE MH lighting comparison thread???

Hello all, I've had another Reeflux 250W 10k bulb go out. First off, this is the only brand/model of bulb I've used, is it normal for MH bulbs to entirely go out after like 6-8 months? I sent the first one back to CoralVue and they sent me a new one, agreeing that it shouldn't have gone...
  12. corrado007

Anyone know what zoas these are?

Just some generic bluish zoas I think, anyone know them to be anything special or are they just basic zoas? Thanks.
  13. corrado007

What do you think of these blue sponges?

Does anyone know of any reason not to get the blue sponge shown below? My wife and I really like the color and we already have some yellow and some pink sponges doing really well in my 90gal reef. Are sponges just sponges or are there some types that are beneficial and others that are not so...
  14. corrado007

Aquacontroller jr help please

I've recently hooked up my aquacontroller jr and love it. I programmed it manually through the unit's key pad because I didn't have a usb adapter for my serial port and my computer doesn't have a serial port. Where is aquanotes lite? It's my understanding that that's the free one you can...
  15. corrado007

One of my halides all of a sudden changed colors

When I came home from work today my halides were on as usual but the one on the left is a very noticeably different color. That half of the tank is not under the normal 10k white light (reeflux 10k 250W with icecap electronic ballast) like the other side. Instead, it's a green/blue light. It's...
  16. corrado007

Yellow Assessors

I just thought I share that pet solutions has yellow assessors in stock. I've been looking for one for over a year. I got an e-mail from them alerting me that they finally have them. I ordered mine this morning and they still had some left so now that I've ordered mine :) I thought I'd share...
  17. corrado007

Emergency help needed with Bluespot Jawfish Please

I've posted this question in the BSJF forum but was also advised that it would be wise to post it here as Leebca is our resident disease expert and often only visits this forum. Here is a link to the discussion...
  18. corrado007

Emergency! Help save my BSJF PLEASE!

I just got home and found my BlueSpot Jawfish just outside of his burrow. He is breathing heavily and perched in the V of a rock. He appears to have what looks like a bunch of bristle worm bristles all over his head. They are translucent ~1/16" long needle looking things. You can see what I'm...
  19. corrado007

I found 2 BSJF at my LFS!

I've been looking forward to getting a BSJF for some time now. Last time I tried to buy one it swam into an anemone and was killed when the LFS employee was trying to net him. I've been searching for one ever since and finally found these two guys at the LFS today. Here's the big problem, both...
  20. corrado007

I'm considering a pistol shrimp...

As the title said, I'm considering adding a pistol shrimp to my 90gal mixed reef. I've already got a fairly small Yellow Watchman Goby about 2" long in there and I think he could use a buddy. I've got egg crate under my rockwork with the rocks sitting firmly on the eggcrate beneath the sand so I...