Search results

1. Triggerjay

Triggerjay's Glass Box

So the new journey begins. My new tank is a 37g Marineland cube (or column rather). It has a 1-1/2 drain with a low profile internal overflow box. Flow is achieved with a single Maxspect Gyre XF130, along with a Quiet One 3000 return from the sump running wide open. Filtration consists of a...
  2. Triggerjay

Maxpect gyre crashed

dang snails! Good thing they come with spares! Lol
  3. Triggerjay

I'm Back!

Any RS old-schoolers still around? After a long break from the hobby, I have finally set up another tank. Its a little 37g marineland cube. I have had it setup about 3 months now. Since my last tank, I have survived a house fire in Missouri, and relocated to the SW coast of FL. I decided I...
  4. Triggerjay

If money were no object!

Been out of the hobby for a bit now, and decided to take the plunge back in. Right now plans are a 50-60g cube type tank. I want to go top notch quality/performance on everything, including corals. This tank will be SPS dominated. so, if this was your dream tank and you had a blank slate and...
  5. Triggerjay

I'm Back! Chat anyone?

Ill be in there for a bit if anyone wants to jump in.. Jason
  6. Triggerjay

For Sale - Reeflo Sequence Dart External pump

This pump was bought new 8 months ago, and I ran it on my 125g closed loop. Never had any problems with it. Took apart and sold my system, and kept this pump for future use. A new setup is a long way off,... so I have decided to sell it. First $125 takes it. Shipping IS included in price...
  7. Triggerjay

Back from my break...

Well, we got moved into the new house, and things have been very busy. I am SOOOO glad I sold off my system before the move. I had a very small amount of saltwater stuff to move, including a 29g tank that I had the stuff I kept from the 125 in it.. It was pretty easy to move. The 125g would have...
  8. Triggerjay

Getting out of hobby for a little while..

Details here: http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/21187-triggerjays-new-125g-build-thread-12.html Jason
  9. Triggerjay

Not again!

Man, I can't wait to start ZEOVit! The last couple of days I noticed in my BB 55g fuge, a new to me type of algae.. Really kinda pretty stuff... until that is, I found out what it is... I have bryopsis! Before I knew what it was, I was removing it from the glass by scraping the base of it, and...
  10. Triggerjay

Commensal crab found..

So I found this little crab in my new millie. He is pretty small, so I don't think I can get a decent pic of him. He is white, and has a black band that runs across the front of his head, including his eyes... kinda like a zorro mask.. I went on a search to find out what it is. I found the name...
  11. Triggerjay

Got some new corals...

I went to help my friend that owns one of our LFS'es go get a shipment, and got to cherry pick the shipment. He just had surgery, and it would have been a bad idea for him to lift the boxes. These are all from Tonga, and from the last shipment he will be able to get from there: Pink Stylo...
  12. Triggerjay

Score!!!

I just scored two Dolphin Ampmaster external pumps for $30! One is a 2700, and the other is a 3000. The guy I am buying them from had one on his tank, and the other as a spare. He changed to a bigger pump, and had them sitting in the closet. He took them out, plugged them in,... and he says they...
  13. Triggerjay

125g Tank crash!

So, on sunday, I removed my DSB from my 55g fuge. I isolated the tank from the rest of the system when I did this. Well, in the process, I noticed my SG in the rest of the system was at 1.019!. So, When I mixed the new SW to refill the fuge, I mixed it at 1.035 to off-set the low SG in the rest...
  14. Triggerjay

AGA website?

Does anyone have the All-Glass web addy handy? I just got a 50g, 36X18X18, and it has 3/8" glass, and I need to contact them to see if it is tempered... Thanks! Jason
  15. Triggerjay

STN Issues! :(

Ok, I have been having some slight STN issues on some of my SPS. Have looked for all the obvious culprits, red bugs, AEFW, etc.. none found. I captured all 100 or so evil crabs in the last couple days, and something dawned on me.... My 55g fuge in the basement, has sand from it from several...
  16. Triggerjay

Crabs....

So, about a month ago, I stepped up my CUC with 100 Sm. Blue leg hermits, and 100 golden astrea snails. So, I had noticed the hermits hoarding my purple monti digi colony. In the same time span, I replaced my lights with 10k XM 250's. I noticed the coral got slightly lighter, but not bleached. I...
  17. Triggerjay

OT - A public apology

Some of you may have seen my earlier posts. I let my anger and frustration get the best of me. This IS BY NO MEANS an appology to the person the conversation was with, but an apology to those who had to read it. I had said I was done with RS. I have decided to give it another go, and have added...
  18. Triggerjay

The Adventures of Breeding Marine Fishes!

So, BigAl, I have hinted in the past that I was up to "something", and let the cat out of the bag the other day. But now its time to put my plan into action. The plan: My plan is to create a fish breeding program, utilizing a large open area in my basement. Mainly focusing on Oscellaris...
  19. Triggerjay

Best place to buy SPS colonies...

I have checked most of the sponsors, and I am looking to purchase SPS colonies... Not frags. I am only looking for a couple, as I do have a tank full of frags at the moment. It seems whole colonies are hard to find... anyone have a good source? Jason
  20. Triggerjay

Greed is evil.

So, a few of you might know I have been holding the position of president for our local club. Since I took over, and attempted to re-kindle the club, our membership has grown from only 7 regular members, to over 50. I have gotten the website The SEAS, official site back online, and have taken...