Search results

1. zimboy

New Dirtbike

an 85cc 2 stroke engine will release as much heavy hydrocarbons into the atmosphere as a 500cc 4 stroke engine. Its about time we sacrificed our need/want for POWER and went with smarter greener tech. Hopefully the 2 stroke engine will go the same way as the frankenfreak American muscle car, to...
  2. zimboy

asm mesh mod

That "other" forum must have 1,094,327 threads on mesh modding. Most of the results are very promising, and pretty much all of the skimmer guru's use kill-a-watts and dwyer airflow meters to get quantifiable results. Mesh mods definately pull more air/watt than needle wheels, although its pretty...
  3. zimboy

live rock question

i thought cooking the rock required the use of a skimmer to help remove the gunk?
  4. zimboy

Hydor koralia pumps

:LOL: too funny
  5. zimboy

Fungia Anorexia?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but if a plate is full and extending tentacles, this usually means it is trying to absorb more light/food. If yours is well fed, he may not need to go into full light/food capture mode. I know if i want my corals (especially my brains) to look good for visitors, i don't...
  6. zimboy

My 47tall DIY upgrade

Definately need to play with white balance as the 20k bulb is washing out my colour. Will work on that. So just waiting on ACJr and JBJ autotopoff, and time to start (i mean stop) procrastinating on my skimmer build.... I'm going to have to build a little cabinet to put the ATO, kalk reactor...
  7. zimboy

My 47tall DIY upgrade

PICS
  8. zimboy

My 47tall DIY upgrade

Managed to get quite a bit done last nite. My sump is hooked up and running, drain is realtively quiet, but still produces quite a lot of splashing, even though the drain is well below the water level. I will be getting a filter sock i guess to try quiet things down. hooked up my old CC airstone...
  9. zimboy

BigAl's slow chronicle . . .

hmmm, frankies building a new skimmer... WHERE IS THE DIY THREAD TO IT!!! :contract: place link in the below post or ELSE ;)
  10. zimboy

My 47tall DIY upgrade

well then, here ya go booze
  11. zimboy

My 47tall DIY upgrade

Update: Ordered Aquacontroller Jr with serial interface and a JBJ auto-topoff this am. Have been busy lately, so not much progress on the tank. I will be repositioning corals tonite and hooking up the sump and canopy. Pics should be up tonite or tomorrow.
  12. zimboy

Another record for RS

I think the borg are really just robot zombies. I mean, c'mon, brains......assimilation........ its all the same. They're coming, from the future, and there's nothing we can do about it. So enjoy your tanks.
  13. zimboy

New Member from South Africa

Wow, thats a big reef. I have cousins living in Jo'berg. Quite a fun town. Do your corals come from local waters? BTW we love pics here.
  14. zimboy

Questions about painting a stand

Guess I should update this... heres a pic with stand and canopy painted. Next time i'll just buy good wood instead of using scraps from work and trying to hide it with paint. Overall I'm happy with the appearance, but would have been happier if I had access to a painting booth. IMO good...
  15. zimboy

Reefdoctormicromussas Says Hello

Welcome to RS. So when do we get to see some pics of your super awesome tank.
  16. zimboy

OT: UFO's & Aliens

OMG battlefield Earth. I thought i had sucessfully erased that section of my memory. Guess not. time to smash my brain particles together at ever increasing speeds until i forget about that. Costumes were kinda cool in it though
  17. zimboy

LOL the LHC could possibly do just this. It is possible (although VERY improbable) that the LHC will form micro black holes. This is only the case if you are using non-standard particle physics models. Another possible side effect of the LHC is the production of "strangelets" which could cause a...
  18. zimboy

it is. This is the largest ever constructed, and should allow us to reach much higher energy thresholds than before.
  19. zimboy

On a side note, is anyone as excited as i am about the LHC(Large Hadron Collider) going online later this year? At 27km in diameter it is definately LARGE and should be able to provide us with quite a bit more info to puzzle out. I love how the cutting edge of experimental physics involves...
  20. zimboy

BTW, my best friend is quite the zeitgeist buff, and we heatedly discuss (read: argue) this topic almost everytime we meet. I love it!!! nothing more invigorating that banging heads over differences of philosophical viewpoint.