Search results

1. coreef2006

To vacume or not is the question

I was wondering how many of you out there vacume your sand? Is so how offten and do you move your rock around to do so? Or is it more of a touch up to remove left over food and such? Do you really vacume deep or it is just the top bit. Thanks
  2. coreef2006

zoantha's closing wrong way

I was just wondering why some of my Zoantha's close the wrong way? I would say that normal is when the edges roll in, but some of mine roll down over the stock, and look like a mushroom. Is this bad or just something they do? Thanks for the answers.
  3. coreef2006

Cleaner wrasse

Has anyone ever tried these for halping to keep your fish clean?
  4. coreef2006

Fish eyes haysey

I was wondering what would cause my Tangs eyes to get a wjite hayes on them. I was told by my LFS to do a water change. I did, but there were nothing really out of tolerance. I only had my Nitrates a lil high 15 PPM, that has been kinda normal. But what could cause this. Thanks for your help.
  5. coreef2006

Refugium size formula

I have been surching but didn't find what I was looking for. Is there a general rule on how big the refugium should be for you aquarium? I'm guessing buy what some of you have setup is about 1/3 of you main tank.
  6. coreef2006

ID please

I'll try to get some pics, but I have 2 for ID. First on my live rock there are white little fuzzy things, I call them pineaples, but there white and fuzzy and are now starting to grow in my refusion. Second is a worm, kinda like a bristle worm but white to off white and dose a twisting motion...
  7. coreef2006

Little white spots on my Tang

I have added three Yellow Tangs to my 180 and one of them has little whit bumps on it, kinda like pimples, can anyone give me a clue. Is it stress or some sort of parasite. I would take a pic if they would hold still long enough. The others have a couple but not as many as my big one. Thanks for...
  8. coreef2006

Phosphate remover

I put a Phosphate remover on my aquarium this last weekend, by Kent. But there was nothing on the bottle about how long this could be in the filter before is needs to be changed, can anyone answer this for me. Thanks 180 gal set up 60 gal refusion
  9. coreef2006

Flat worm

Flat worm Pic added I might have flat worms. Looks like a little green hour glass shaped thing that has a orange spot on one end. Are thay harmfull?
  10. coreef2006

New aquarium cycle

Can some one explain the "cycling" of a new tank. I think I understand what it is but my LFS did not explain it very well and I would like to learn this stuff as I go. So I would like to know what technicaly happens when you start up a new aquarium, with new live sand and live rock. Thanks in...
  11. coreef2006

Octopus

Has any one here had an octopus? I'm thinking of getting one but it will be a while before I do, but would love to here feedback on having one. But here is the other part I'm looking into a Blue Ring, which I know is very dangerus. But I will build a bullet prof aquarium for it. So if you have...
  12. coreef2006

Looking at corals

I was wondering if any one out there has some type of magnafier to look at corals in the tank from the glass. I have a 10x lens and I can see things great that are on the glass. But would like to look at things in the middle of the tank up close dose anyone here know of such a thing. I also...
  13. coreef2006

ID this please

I know this is a bad pic, but I'm looking at the little green guy on the end of the rock. There are five and now they doubled in size, which is fine just want to know what it is.
  14. coreef2006

New here.

I just wanted to say hi to all. I just left and other reef form due to they were not so nice there. I asked a question and all I got was a bunch of crap. Well this place looks very friendly hope to be around for a while. I'm new to salt aqauriums, I have had mostly reptiles all my life and going...
  15. coreef2006

protien skimmer foaming over

I was wondering would high ammonia's, or nitrates or nitrites casuse this condition, or the that fact that a chemical has been introduced into the aquarium be the only reason for the protien skimmer going nuts.