Search results

1. bonerfortuna

Zomania and aquaticgems

I got some mushrooms from Nic and they are kind of smaller than advertised. Anyone have any experience with them and does this happen often on internet purchases? This doesnt happen with Dennis at Sharkysreef but I was intrigued by some things they showed on EBAY . Buying livestock online is...
  2. bonerfortuna

My Diamond Goby

Last night while I was playing with my macro lens ,this guy came out and wanted to play! Hes a great fish, only 1 of 2 I have in my 50 so far. I love watching him sift sand through his gills and leave the little piles all over. He does create some minor sandstorms for my zoos though !Thanks for...
  3. bonerfortuna

Whats growing on my zoos?

I have this plate like formation growing out of my zoas pictured here . It seems to be getting larger and is colored like coraline algae. Im guessing that what it may be but would like to hear from the experts . Thanks Peter
  4. bonerfortuna

My work in progress

Homemade stand and decorative canopy, DIY sump , Home Depot plumbing and Sharkysreef ! Hope you enjoy it half as much as me . Peter
  5. bonerfortuna

Source for Pickling Lime ?

Where do you all get it. I have not found it in any stores so far either in NYC or in North Carolina. I may be looking for the wrong thing, can you guide me please ? Thanks Peter
  6. bonerfortuna

Awesome vendor experience!

Ive said this before but I have to make sure everyone knows what a great experience you can expect from Sharkys Reef. Dennis and I have done a few transactions now and each one is always great. I just love the way this guy cares for his livestock, he packs sps like it was his first born. I just...
  7. bonerfortuna

Thanks for asking AJ !

Heres the first picture of my still in progress work. I still have to build a matching frame to cover the lighting and have to get the heater back in the sump where it belongs but this here is the result of my nanocube dumped into a 50 breeder and lots of goodies from Dennis at Sharkys Reef. I...
  8. bonerfortuna

Picked up these gems last night ......

We all know we are supposed to have GFI circuits for our tanks but many of us, myself included, havent gotten around to that yet. Last night I found these in Lowes. The small portable one was just 10 bucks and the 4 gang box was 30. Cheap and easy protection so I thought I would pass it along...
  9. bonerfortuna

I can smell the ocean Part 2

Heres the second version of my plumbing on my 50 breeder project and some observations. 1 A Mag24 plumbed with twin 1 inch feeds and returns is way too much flow for what I need . Its noisy and reminds me too much of Niagra Falls. 2 Mag 24's, when not watched for every second , can easily...
  10. bonerfortuna

Is this a flatworm ?

I removed this yesterday from my Nano. Its been up and running some 6 months now and Ive never seen this creature before. Yesterday out of the blue it was on the rock and I thought I had better get it out. Did I do the right thing ? Thanks Peter
  11. bonerfortuna

A few actinic shots last night

These characters are in my 110G FOWLR. Im really just practicing with the camera!
  12. bonerfortuna

" I can smell the ocean "

My 50 breeder is ready for water testing. Im finished sniffing glue and am moving to the next stage. Here is a teaser pic to tie me over to some frontals I'll post next week once Im sure plumbing is set correctly. I need some L/R and lighting and Im set. My nano contents will be the first...
  13. bonerfortuna

Cloudy water

I know this question belongs in the freshwater forum but I figured I'd post it here and try for some more traffic. My g/f's Oscar tank wont stay clear for more than a day or two. Its a 26 bow with a HOB filter that I recenty added a Fluval304 with enough capacity to do a 75G tank. I did this...
  14. bonerfortuna

Any good LFS in Pt. Pleasant NJ area?

Heading down for the day . Anyone, Witt ? TIA Peter
  15. bonerfortuna

May I suggest a book ?

I just got a copy of Julian Sprungs "Invertebrates, A Quick Reference Guide" and I have to say its one really great reference source. Everything from Abalone to Zoanthus, 240 pages of great pictures and text. Ill ask the moderators to move this wherever they see fit but I had to mention this as...
  16. bonerfortuna

My newest and coolest fish !

Last night I introduced a Bigeye Catalufa a.k.a. Popeye Catalufa to my FOWLR . Awesome fish with lots of personality ,stayed out in the open and displayed great patience while my Purple Tang postured with him for an hour or so. I have never seen one of these and was lucky enough to be at the...
  17. bonerfortuna

Second great experience at SharkysReef

Just so you know its not a fluke (haha) my second experience with Dennis at SharkysReef was just as good as my first. All my stuff came carefully packed ,on time and as good or better than the pictures and descriptions on the website described. Dennis has been good to me and threw in a few nice...
  18. bonerfortuna

Closed Loop or Tunze ?

Im in the process of putting together my first true reef tank. My Nanocube has bitten me bad and I need room to grow . Ive got a 50 breeder (36 by 18 by 18 ) on order drilled for four 1 inch bulkheads in the back wall. I plan to use 2 for the sump and the others possibly for a C/L system but am...
  19. bonerfortuna

Help me ID this macro and is it safe

to use in my sump ?I collected this personally in the North Allantic this weekend while fishing in the canyons. Ive always known it as "sargassum weed" as it floats usually in eddys off the gulf stream. Usually in 68 to 76 degree water and always filled with life. Sometimes seahorses but this...
  20. bonerfortuna

Is this new growth , or a problem?

The frag in the rear is doing very well in my 64 watts of pc in my nano-cube. The color isnt showing well in this picture but its an electric green and the polyps extend nicely. Its a softie tank but I got a few frags and am trying them. There is now a purple fuzzy growth extending from the top...