Search results

1. mattie

reef-care.com site jacked

some of you remeber me from when i was selling frags. well recently my registartion for my site did not auto renew and some one parked there fat bottom on it took the name from under me. I am little sad because i remeber getting the email about the billing isssue and i was too busy to pay...
  2. mattie

Selling LiveRock orange county CA 3$ per pound

i am selling 100+ lbs of live rock in La Habra CA near beach and imperial $300 takes it
  3. mattie

mattie_75g

starting over is always hard but can be fun 75 g all glass with a back corner over flow and 20g sump below lighting is a 65w pc for dawn and dusk with the main lighting 4 110watt vho actinics and 2 250xm 10k with 18' spider reflectors. and four 4' fans in canopy keep the temp at bay ( or so...
  4. mattie

the 75 to rebuild after the move

so i am moving today and thinking about how do i want to set up my tank.... do i want to do sps again or do i want to try a softie tank......... the equipment is not the problem I have everything and then some do either as long as i stuff it in my existing 75g. I am curious about heat...
  5. mattie

complete 33g reef tank for sale

for more details follow the link 33tankforsale it a complete up and running reef tank fully stocked
  6. mattie

Free Seriatapor hysix frags 1 night only

I have this seriatapora hysix brown( under 20'ks it turns green). that i had to pull out of a 185 it got too big and was blocking all the flow and becoming encrusted with algea. So today I busted it out of the tank and I have many small frags 1-3 inch if anyone wants a free sps frag they can...
  7. mattie

Starting Over.....

i have been plagued with problems in the 75g at my house. and this weekend i had enough of this BS....... i broke down everything and i am starting over same tank lights pumps skimmer and all that...... something happend to my tank back in september and it has been a struggle to keep it...
  8. mattie

who makes big tanks on the east coast

i am looking to buy a bigger acrlyic tank 8ftL x4ftD and 2ftH i was wondering if anyone new of a good place to start looking to begin comparing quality and price. i have a few 400w metal halides i need to put to use :)
  9. mattie

6 ft light setup for sale raleigh nc metal halides and vhos'

i have a 6 ft retro metal halide and vho set-up for sale 2 175 10k metal halides and 2 170w 6' vho's ballasts timers and 6 ft reflector perfect set-up for a 125g. since thats what it just came off of. 1st 500 to pick it up takes it copmlpete no wireing required all plugs and timers included.
  10. mattie

planning another new aquarium

I planning to build a new aquarium since I recently leased one to a local artshop www.thebigpicturegallery.net this new one is going to be an sps nano of sorts. a 40g breeder w/ a corner overflow custom built 48 inch high stand 12 inch high canopy with a single se 250w metal halide on an...
  11. mattie

Planning for summer Heat

I Have a alot of light on a small tank 1005 watts of light on a 75g last year when it was hot the tanks temp temp got up to 86' a few times. This year I was planning to buy a chiller. But a partner with the Reef-Care.com biz talked me into getting 4 larger high flow fans 4.5 inch and replace...
  12. mattie

Ozone in small reef tanks...

ozone has been one of those things i have always wanted to try becouse i know large public aquariums use it to clarify the water in the shark tanks and large displays but i haven't seen too many people with small reef tanks that use it. most people have always told me just get the biggest and...
  13. mattie

going to visit the new aquarium in atlanta georgia

i am so excited tomorrow i am going to visit the new big aquarium in atlanta :)
  14. mattie

I'm Looking for a good book for info on clams

does anyone have some sudgestions on some good books on clams i want to learn some good info on them becouse i have a few and i want to learn more about thanks
  15. mattie

Waikiki Aquarium

while in Hawaii doing a little Research on coral aquaculture i stoped by the waikiki aquarium in honolulu and snaped some pics for you all to enjoy. this last one is a personal favorite
  16. mattie

Carsousel 192g Corner

I thought i would share a customer's Aquarium since it looks nice carousel is a dental office in durham NC that specializes in children under 18 this tank started in may of 2005 the glass was special ordered thru oceanic and the stand and canopy are from oceaniic aswell but were outfitted by...
  17. mattie

the things that don't make sense

okay i am sure many of you have had this happen but it really bother's me when it happens to me okay i have alot of sps corals 1 colony i have had for about 2 year which i started as a frag a humillis that was blue with green pollyps started bleaching a few days ago for no apperant reason and...
  18. mattie

the 70 frager

i am alomst done with my newest project! i guess it should be called a 70 breeder but its got frags in it not fish new acrylic 24x48x13 is perfect for 2 250w metal halides i like the look of acrylic lets just hope i don't scratch it too much to soon the lighting is fairly simple 2 icecaps...
  19. mattie

concret plugs

does anyone have any info or knowledge on these concret plugs that some corals come on now adays . just curious as to the safety to leaching chemicals and such in to the tank. i know some people here have used concrete blocks.
  20. mattie

help remove scratch acrylic

does anyone know how to remove scratches from an arylic tank without removing all of the water and corals??