Search results

1. ds69

Mandarin and their eating habits?

I have not personally done it but I have heard of a way. You start out by feeding live brine shrimp. Then when the mandarin gets used to the live brine you slowly start mixing in frozen mysis. The idea being that at some point he is going to grab a piece of frozen mysis and then get used to...
  2. ds69

Waratah anemones!

lol I know they can't be kept in a reef tank and I stated that. I was just curious if anyone has ever kept them in a coldwater system or had ever heard of them. Kevin
  3. Anemone_Crab

Anemone_Crab

4. ds69

Waratah anemones!

I saw a post on ebay for 10 of these little guys....I thought it was interesting because I had never heard of them before. They are a Temperate species and not for reef tanks. Just wondering if others have heard of or kept them before...
  5. ds69

Lets see some Tube Anemone !

hmm I guess no one else has one? :(
  6. ds69

hmm no one has tube anemones to share? I noticed today that he has started making a tube. When I first got him he had no tube.
  7. ds69

Right now I only have a black saddleback clown, Diadema Pseudochromis, and a lawnmower blenny, 2 peppermint shrimp and 1 cleaner shrimp. I used to have a neon dottyback before I got the diadema but it disappeared and so i ended up buying the diadema. The fish disappearance was before I got the...
  8. ds69

September '08 POTM!!

Thanks I was thinking of doing the anemone crab since there will be so many clown fish pictures.
  9. ds69

Thanks I decided to try and feed him a little bit ago. He took some mush no problem. He was only $20 which was a good price. I want to get an orange one but Im going to wait several months and see how this one does first.
  10. ds69

I would have to disagree with that actually. Only small fish if they are going to consume one. There is an article that talks about them being labeled as fish eaters and carpets are way worse when it comes to that as well. Heres the article: Aquarium Invertebrates Kevin
  11. ds69

September '08 POTM!!

hmm I can't decide which picture to use....Clown in sebae, clown in bubble, or anemone crab. any suggestions.... lol Thanks
  12. ds69

The LFS had a great looking tube anemone and I couldn't pass it up. It is doing well so far but I have only had it a few days. Im going to try and feed him tonight. So if you have one lets see it.
  13. ds69

Sebae problems....ug

oh and should I raise my ph? or just leave it? If so how should I go about raising it. my kh was 10 I think the other day. calcium was 420 Kevin
  14. ds69

Sebae problems....ug

Well I did do water change, I did a big one because I knew something was up. I changed 15 gallons out of 44 so about 1/3. It only dropped the trates to 15 but I thought it would have dropped more. the anemone is/was in a sand to rock spot. what was interesting today was It was floating around...
  15. ds69

Sebae problems....ug

lol I know what ya mean on that. Its just wierd because he isn't just moving. Hes floating away. I know they can move a lot and that they are tricky but I have never had one just float away. Its annoying to put him back on some rocks everyday though sometimes funny because the crab goes along...
  16. ds69

Sebae problems....ug

ok so I have had this sebae anemone for 2 months and it has never moved since I got it. It is pretty big when fully inflated. It is on the bottom and stays on some rocks against the sand. It is a under a 250 watt mh 14k bulb. In the past week it has released itself from its rock and floated...
  17. ds69

#$!@#! ich!!!

You can always try a cleaner shrimp as well. The ich will still be in your tank but the shrimp will keep it off the fish. My clown had it off and on for a week so i added a cleaner shrimp and haven't seen ich on him since.
  18. ds69

HELP! =( flat worms

Six line wrasses are suppose to eat them but I haven't tried it.
  19. ds69

ID Anemone

I would also say mushroom and since it has tentacles it will most likely take bits of food and shrimp.
  20. ds69

Whats wrong with my anenome?

Where is the anemone located in the tank ? Kevin