Search results

1. R

Cycle needs a kick in the...

Hello all I'm back. I tore my tank down in 2008. But it feels so good to be back. I decided to do something different this time. Instead of doing a reef tank I decided to do fish only and maybe a few low light mushrooms or something like that. Really not worried about them just want to have...
  2. R

Wtb: Led Moonlights

Looking to buy a LED moonlight. Blue or white. Have one lying around you want to part with. Let me know.
  3. R

Soaking Mush in RO Water

I hear alot of people saying you should soak your food in RO water. My question is how... and does it really help? I always put my mush in little containers and thaw it. I add RO water to the container to help dilute it and bring it to tank temp and salinity. Not sure if the fish care. Then i...
  4. R

Booger?

Ive noticed this slug looking thing cruising around from time to time. He has a snout and he munches on algae on the rocks and glass. He looks just like a snail without a shell. He isnt completley flat, he is whitish with brown and black spots like snail has. Any ideas what it is. Only reason im...
  5. R

ID anyone?

I dont know what this is. It just appeared one day. Looks like a little anemone or something. Its the redish/brown thing on the middle of the rock with tentacles.
  6. R

TLF Phosban Reactor

Ok i just started hooking up the reactor and i am trying to follow the directions, but the directions on the reactor are different then the directions on the Phosban material. So im on hold right now until i hear back from you all. The Reactor says it works with a mininium of 130 grams-200...
  7. R

Brittle Chaeto?

Well after getting over the flu i have been trying to get back to the maintenance of the tank. I did a water change today. Used superglue gel to get most of the bubble algae i had. A few little bubbles i will get next time. I cleaned the skimmer pre filter, changed out the carbon and when i...
  8. R

Bryopsis

I have some of this poping up here and there on my rock work. I would like to control it before it gets out of control. Steps i am taking to prevent outbreak: I just added my Chaeto to the fuge today. and will run the fuge light on when the displays are off. My lighting is at 8 hrs im...
  9. R

Mystery Water?

Well i woke up today to water all over the floor. Probably a gallon or two. I checked over everything on the tank and i cannot tell where it came from. I dried it up and now theres nothing. I checked the overflow. The return area, the ATO area, i checked the sump seals, i checked the Tanks...
  10. R

Gridwork

You know that ceiling light stuff alot of you use for shelfing for frags or for covers for the top to keep fish from jumping out. Well what do you cut it with? Im planning on picking some up tonight to use as a snail guard in spots, and for keeping fish from jumping out and whatever else i...
  11. R

MH Retro fit Kit

Im looking to eventually get a MH retrofit kit to put in my canopy. I might need to make a new canopy but can do so easily. I want to use my existing PC's. i have a (4) 96 watt system, but to make room for the halides i was probably going to go with (2) 96 watt PC to suppliment the actinic. and...
  12. R

Carbon Setup???

I just started running carbon. I use to run it in the mechanical filter i had so it had a spot for it. Now that i have a sump i dont know where to run it. i put it on my drain. here is a pic of it. is this how the rest of you run it?
  13. R

Fairmount Aqaurium Experience

This is a halfway decent store in my area. They usually have a wide variety of corals, fish, and supplies, and are usually priced reasonably and their staff use to be very polite and very knowledgable. Well today i was on a mission to find a LFS that had some Trochus Snails or Nerite snails for...
  14. R

Chaeto for Sale?

Looking to buy a bag of Chaeto off someone to add to my fuge. Looking to spend around $15 w/ Shipping. hopefully have it shipped out this week. Anyone???
  15. R

OT: Newbie HTML Programs?

I am looking for a newbie program to use to design my own webpage. My ISP gives me 5 MB of space to make one. I was going to make a page around my tank. I have Front Page 2000 But i have no clue how to use it. (What a waste of a few hundred $$$'s) Are there any newbie programs that could get me...
  16. R

My Water Volume and Flow???

Ok ive been reading about flow and total water volume. So im trying to figure out what my total water volume is and what my flow rate is or overall turnover rate. I'm really not good at math and my wife isnt around to help me figure all this out (Shes gonna be a teacher so we rely on her mind...
  17. R

OT: UFO's & Aliens

:alien: Do UFO's exist? Aliens? Have any stories? :alien: Have any of you heard the news latley on how a whole community down south or out west (Coyboy Country) spotted a UFO. Alot of them have it on tape and pictures. They are posting them left and right and the news channels...
  18. R

Diamond Settlement; Get Some Money Back!!!

I dont know if any of you saw this but thought i would post it since i bought a wedding ring around this time. Its basically a multi million dollar settlement. If you bought a diamond or jewel during this time then you could recieve money back... Which means more money for your tank. Yipee...
  19. R

Quarentine Tank: I'm Worried

Well i'm getting my feet wet here and my tank is cycling and you all have me worried that I should have a QT. The last thing i want to do is introduce parasites and stuff into my tank once its established. But one tank is enough to care for i dont think i have the time or resources for a Qt...
  20. R

Icebox?!?!?

Anyone know who this is or dealt with them before? I made an agreement with them for some PC lights. I paid through paypal and i havent heard anything. This was Wednesday Night. Do you think i got jipped? am i covered by Paypal? what should i do? I might just be overreacting. I never have paid...