Search results

1. Dingo

Alternate coral feeding pathway

The news seems to be just full of coral articles lately. According to this article, in addition to Zoox, corals contain symbiotic Cyanobacteria that provide corals with useable Nitrogen. That would certainly explain why some corals never seem to need direct feeding in captivity. I never quite...
  2. Dingo

Good news for reefs

I have stated my opinion before that reefs must be able to adapt to changing climate in order to have survived for millions of years on this planet. Usually people would rather not believe that, but here is an encouraging study...
  3. Dingo

Good Morning RS

The weather here is freaking dark. It's 1:00 after all. Good night.
  4. Dingo

Now I'm cooking with gas!

I picked up a few tips today, as well as a set of macro lenses to fit my camera. Drew, you were right, turning down the ev a bit worked wonders. If you guys can point out any other glaring things that I can work on, I'd appreciate it.
  5. Dingo

Dingo's 9 month update

I'm using my 9 month anniversary as an excuse to post some pics taken with my 'new' used camera. Here we go: Full tank view: My Blue Leg hermit who I put in here because he is unbeleivably cool. This guy is the sole crab survivor of my now defunct 55 FOWLR. He went nocturnal to...
  6. Dingo

Before and after MH

And this is why MH lighting rocks. The top photo is my purple monti after a few months of 250W 14K PFO MH lighting. The bottom photo is how it looked after 2 months of 96W PC lighting. The coral is in a 10 gallon tank. (The top photo is newer :P ) Anyone else have any "Before MH, After...
  7. Dingo

Dingo's tank

Well, you asked for pics, so now you have to live with the consequences. This tank has only been running for around 6 months, so it isn't as mature as some of the others that popped in here today. I recently upgraded from 96WPC to MH, so most of my sps frags are still brown from the old...
  8. Dingo

Hey there!

Hello all. Guess it's my turn. :D I currently have a 50G FOWLR and a 10G nano with lps, sps and a bit of gsp for flavor. I've been in salt water now for going on (ugh) 15 years, and had nano's in various forms for about 8 years. I think that I finally got it right with my latest nano...