Search results

1. surfzone

Surfzone's 40g

so i have had this tank in the works for a few weeks not and it is currently cycling. my intent is is set it up as a mixed reef, but with mostly sps. Last week I filled it and got the rock work situated to my liking. now for the ugly. my room mates have two kittens, who jumped into the tank...
  2. surfzone

Picassos

So I finally got a pair of Picasso Clowns today. I've been waiting for a long time to get a pair of these wonderful fish to put in my breeding program. They are still really small, but patience is part of the Aquarius code. Pics up a little later
  3. surfzone

Chaetodon ocellatus

I've fallen in love with this particular butterfly, but i can't seem to find much info on them. Does anyone know anything about this fish?
  4. surfzone

Frag swap goodies

my local reef club had a frag swap on saturday and i thought i would share what i got. I landed a sunset millipora $25, ORA pearlberry $40, and an Idaho Grape Monti Traded an Acanthestria. Pics to come later today when the lights come on.
  5. surfzone

Banning the pet trade

I don't know if this has been posted or not but we all need to help out with this. As many of us are aware of the economic crisis that the country is in some lawmakers on capital hill hare trying to take advantage of our distraction in order to pass HR 669. This bill is to come before the US...
  6. surfzone

Coralife Super Skimmer

has anyone used these skimmers before and how well do the work as a backpack skimmer. I'm thinking of putting the 65 model on my 30, but i don't have a sump. does it throw out alot ofk micro bubbles, and if so how did you correct this problem?
  7. surfzone

Mixing Cardinals

I have a pair of established bangii cardinals and i wanted to know if i would have any issues if i added a few pajama cardinals?
  8. surfzone

FS: 150 watt MH, External Pump, Skimmer

First up i have a Coralife MH with about 6 months use on a current USA 14 k bulb. This fixture comes with the ballast too $100 Plus Shipping Next i have a Custom Sea life External pump. This pump is equilivent to the Poseidon PS2 it pumps 640 gallons per hour at 3 foot head pressure. $80...
  9. surfzone

My New Addition

I picked this guy up from the LFS after he settled in and started to eat. Now he is going nuts on Mysis shrimp and Nori
  10. surfzone

150 watt MH pendent in Charleston, SC.

I have a 150 watt MH with about 6 months on a current 14 k bulb. it comes with everything you need to get going including a ballast i'm asking $150 shipped.
  11. surfzone

Thinking of getting a new dog

As of late I have been giving a new dog some thought and have narrowed my search to three breeds redbone coonhound black and tan coonhound german shorthaired pointer.
  12. surfzone

brillo pad algae

i have this stuff in my tank it is just like the title says brillo pad algae. it's tough and nothing seems to eat it. everything i pull it off it comes back thicker and in another place. I need to find something that will eat it, or get rid of it. the urchens won't touch it, and the tang would...
  13. surfzone

corals

Gray Lobophyllia with pink ring on the edge-$30 Green Zoanthid coloney-$20 Green Zoanthid Frags (23 heads)-$10 Radioactive Dragon eye zoanthid frags (8+ heads) $10 Pink Zoanthid frags (6 heads) $15 Green cactus pavona -$$15 sale pending Purple Cactus Pavona- $20 sale pending Speghetti leather...
  14. surfzone

Fall

I posted pics of my area this past spring, and i thought i would follow up with a few pics of fall. Feel free to post pics of fall in your area. I know fall isn't as stunning in the Carolina Coast as it is in other parts of the country. Lets seem some yellows, reds, and oranges. I...
  15. surfzone

WTT zoos

I have some leather and zoos to trade I'm looking for different color zoos I have way too much Green. Pics of the mother colony
  16. surfzone

Nano Turbos

OK it's time to thin out the heard of nano turbo snails. i am getting rid of 144 ( i hope this puts a big enough dent in them). I'm selling them $6 dozen. plus shipping, Local pickup is free.
  17. surfzone

Snail ID

I have these snails breeding in my tank. The best ID I have for them is a nano turbo snails of some kind. They get no larger than a quarter, and they eat algae.
  18. surfzone

The Void

Every tank has one and some are larger than others. I came home from work today to find that my Purple Death polyps seem to have found their way into "The Void" they were there this morning and now it looks like they are just gone. I placed them near to bottom so that if a clumsy snail hit them...
  19. surfzone

Here I go The Spotted Manderin

This is not the first time my mandarins have spawned in my tank and in all honesty it is a regular occurrence. Seemingly every night I catch my male and female rising into the blue light water and stopping at the surface. This ritual goes on for hours and ends with the release of eggs and...
  20. surfzone

A Grass Roots Call for the Banggais

It has been a while since i posted here, but i feel like i should do my part in getting the word out. if this has already been posted then i'm sure you all already know about it. I heard the talk on marine breeding by Matthew Witterrich at MACNAXX this past weekend and immediately after Eric...