Search results

1. J

Need Cheap Corals

I know this is a general question, but I am a poor grad student and need somewhere to buy cheap mushrooms, polyps, and other simple coral grags for my nano tank. I have a few local lfs, but they are all fairly overpriced and wondered if anyone has any advice for a good place to buy cheaper...
  2. J

Nitrites

Thanks guys, Though I lost my $70 Brain coral I learned a good lesson in keeping up with the water changes, and that if I want to be selfish and have so much livestock I have to be very conscienctious of water parameters. Thanks for the advice! I love forums, they are so helpful!
  3. J

Nitrites

At the moment I have a whisper power filter and a nano-skimmer running on it. I have about an inch of live and and probably two pounds of live rock as well. Also, one percula clown, two bumble bee gobies and a couple of peppermint shrimp and 5 snails, and a torch coral
  4. J

Nitrites

Hello all, I have a 5 gallon nano that has been set-up for several months and seems to be ver stable and healthy. That is until yesterday when my large open Brain coral started spewing white mucus stuff and the polyps were distended, no bueno. I had to throw the coral away, because my tank...
  5. J

questions about nano tanks

I have been keeping a 5 gallon nano for about 4 months now and can say that I do agree that you must pay more attention to your tank parameters - for instance I have noticed that if I slip and don't do a weekly water change my nitrites will rise, so you have to keep an eye on it. But I am a...
  6. J

Bumbl Bee Gobies

Hey guys, I just purchased a pair of bumble bee gobies the LFS said had paired off, which they claimed is rare. Anyways, two questions, are there anysteps I can take in facilitating the process, minus the bottle of wine, and secondly, are they strictly bottom feeders or will they accept...
  7. J

DIY Dosing Container

Hello All. I am wanting to construct my own gravity drip dosing system, which should be pretty simple, but I have been trying to brainstorm as to what kind of 1-3 gallon container would be most suitable to use, as it would be convenient to have a kind of screw or cork like top for refilling...
  8. J

Green Polyps Looking No Bueno

Hey guys, I am hoping you guys can help me out possibly. I have set up a 5g nano, which I have had running for like four months now and is very stable. I have some liverock and live sand and previously two damsels which I had used to cycle the tank. I removed them and took them to the LFS...
  9. J

Nano Lighting

Just to augment the last reply - I reckon the best light to get for the size of the tank, especially considering that you wish to add more corals, would be the clip on halide light mentioned in the last thread. I have seen it advertised and seems pretty cool. Then again, if you are like me...
  10. J

Good Nano Corals??

Thanks for that - on a related note I have started dosing calcium will that assist zoos in growing at all?
  11. J

Good Nano Corals??

Hey Guys, Sorry should have included this question in my last thread, but what can you do? Anyways, I have a 5 gal. nano with a 20 watt PC over it (50/50 bulb) and was wondering if anyone had good tips on corals for nanos? Would an LPS not receive enough light? So far I have...
  12. J

Thoughts on Nano filtration

Hello all, I have been a long time reefkeeper, but have just started a 5 gallon nano that is about three months old now and very stable and healthy. I have a couple of damsels (soon to be replaced) and some Green Star Polyps under some PC's. Anyways, my question is what thoughts anyone has...