Search results

1. S

ich?

People will likely disagree with me on this, but I used Kordon Ich Attack. Used 1 full bottle and it knocked it out. Trick for me was to stay on top of making sure that I was consistent on a daily dose. I also have a cleaner shrimp and uv sterilizer that probably helped out a bit. It took 3...
  2. S

New overflow box

Hi everyone, I have a 55 gallon tank with a pro-aquatics sump. I'm looking for a new overflow box as the old pro-aquatics overflow box is not visually appealing and is rigged with steel bolts and nuts (that i have to change out regularly). I'm looking for a new overflow box and was wondering...
  3. S

Is my tank going to be ready for corals/nems?

Hi everyone, I have a 55 gallon tank that has been running for about 1 year. As of now, it is a FOWLR tank with a cheap lighting system that I am planning on upgrading to a Maxspect R420R Razor LED 10000k fixture. The set up on my tank is very basic. 55 lbs live rock 60 lbs live sand UV...
  4. S

LED lighting for 55 gallon tank

Hi Everyone, I am planning on upgrading my lights to LED's... I have been looking at the Maxspect R420R Razor led systems, and was wondering if people that have them are happy with them? Pro's and cons? I want to stay within a $500 budget so if there are any other LED lights that you would...
  5. S

Ryan's 55 Saltwater aquarium

Here is an iPhone quality video of my tank about 3 months ago. I've really tried updating with a recent picture/video, but I can never do it for some reason. Anyway, here is my tank almost 1 year old. Current livestock: 2 clowns, purple dottyback, 6 line wrasse, flame angel and a demsel. I had...
  6. S

Ashley's Seahorses

I didn't see the background until the 2nd page of the post. I must admit, it looks great and really brightens up the tank! I'm going to check out Petco for the same one :) can't wait to see how this tank comes along.
  7. S

Current freshwater LED+

They are 6500k white leds... along with full spectrum colors of sun...
  8. S

Current freshwater LED+

http://www.current-usa.com/aquarium-led-lights/satellite-freshwater-led-plus So I was at my LFS this past weekend, and I feel like I might have got jipped for his sale. Is this light ok for a saltwater aquarium with an anenome? I don't have any corals.. just LR, fish, and CUC. This unit...
  9. S

I'm looking to upgrade my lighting system to either a T5 or a LED system. I've asked around on the lighting forum, but just for some more input, I'm only planning on keeping anemonies and fish for now.. might look into adding corals in about a year or so.. any suggestions on brand and type i...
  10. S

Kevin's little 5 gallon pico

Looks great! can't wait to see the progress that you make.
  11. S

My first aquarium (20 gallon)

On a side note, I love the aquascaping of your tank! it looks great!
  12. S

My first aquarium (20 gallon)

I wouldn't go for the tang, many people say at least a 55 gallon for a tang.. I have a 55 and am hesitant to go for one as it doesn't seem to be big enough. As for the pink fish, my favorite are the anthias..
  13. S

Renewing my Reef build...46 gal bowfront

Tank looks great! What kind of nem is that? I got the same one from my LFS and forgot what it is... does it host your clowns? My clowns have zero interest in it. Great work!
  14. S

DIY 55 gallon tank stand and canopy

Hi Everyone, I've read through a few of the past threads and have seen a lot of great looking DIY stands that are cheaper and look much better than my store bought stand (I don't have a canopy). I'm planning on building it in about a month or so, and want to start the planning of it right now...
  15. S

Dry rock

Hi Everyone, I have a question about adding dry fiji (not live any more) rock. My friend took his tank down about 3 years ago, and stored his fiji live rock in a plastic bucket to just dry out. It's about 30-40 lbs of it, and I was wondering if I was to add some of it to my tank, would it be...
  16. S

Cyano and how to get rid of it...

Would I be able to go lights out with an anenome in my tank?
  17. S

Been about 6 months since I've posted here. Since then, I had an ich infestation because I don't have a hospital tank and it wiped out my whole tank. I wanted 6 weeks to make sure that it was all cleared out. Right now, I've got in my tank: 2 clowns, 2 blue/green chromis, 1 six line wrasse, 1...
  18. S

55 Gallon stocking question

Definately agree with Diana, I also have a 55 gallon that I started up about 8 months ago. Long story short I lost ~$150 of fish in a 2 week span because I got fish happy. Take your time, enjoy each fish as you add them and make sure you check out liveaquaria.com to see the habits of each fish...
  19. S

ID for this nem

Hi, Please help me ID this nem that I bought from my LRS a week ago.. thanks!
  20. S

Sand bed lining turning brown

Hi, I have had my tank up for about 4 months now, and am starting to notice that along the lining of my sand bed, across my whole tank that it is forming a line of brown algea? Is there a way to keep the side of the glass clean? I've seen in DSB's that people use worms... Anyone have some...