Search results

1. D

Protein Skimmer recommendation

I'm ready to change my protein skimmer from a Seaclone 150 that I've been using for about 6yrs and working great, but time to change to a bigger one. I currently have a 150g reef tank since 12/24/2006 with a current set up of a 55g wet dry sump, 2 refugiums of 20g each (one for chaeto and the...
  2. D

I'm ready to change my protein skimmer from a Seaclone 150 that I've been using for about 6yrs and working great, but time to change to a bigger one. I currently have a 150g reef tank since 12/24/2006 with a current set up of a 55g wet dry sump, 2 refugiums of 20g each (one for chaeto and the...
  3. D

4. D

RO DI problem

I just changed my RO membrane yesterday and I'm not gettting any water to the DI unit (last stage). i have the Coralife 4 stage 50gpd unit. I connected the blue on top and the red on the bottom connector to waste water. I can hear air trapped. I did not purchase the same brand unit but they...
  5. D

Are UV's necessary to keep a reef tank?

I purchased my first UV's when I experienced my first algae bloom, Now I have one in all my tanks, but the lights keep burning before the year replacement and they are expensive. I've been running the tanks without UV's for several months now with no ill effects. Are they really necessary? Any...
  6. D

Changing to LED. Recommendations

I'm planning of changing my current light set up after 8 years for my 150g reef tank. currently have 2 175w MH and 4 96w PC (2 actinic and 2 10K) It is 72" long. what do you all recommend.
  7. D

Bubble tips anemones

I purchased my 1st bubble tip anemone about 5 years ago. They have cloned many times. I've traded about 8 in sotre credit and everytime they stick to the glass I use a SS blade and remove them, but currently have about nine in my 150g reef tank. They are burning some of my Xenia and . last night...
  8. D

Intro

I currently have 5 saltwater tanks. 150g reef, 2 55g fowlr, 20g reef and 10g reef. I'm in the hobby for more than 25 years and 10 in the saltwater. I've seen many changes over the years. Had 2 major craches (for some reason it happen on Sept. 11 both times- now I stay home that day just in case)...