Search results

1. D

Jebao Serial Number

I have an RW-15, were can I find the serial number? The pump has the manufacture date but no serial number. Tom
  2. D

Resetting temperature on JBJ Arctica Titanium Chiller

I used a couple of thermometers and notice my chiller is off by 2.5 degrees. How do I reset the temperature so it will have a correct measurement? Sorry, I should have looked it up first. I found the answer. Tom
  3. D

HELP! Pop eye

Help!! I have a PJ Carnal with one eye popped. I put it in a hospital tank with daily water change waiting for the Fritz Aquatics Mardel Maracyn 2. I then stopped water change and use the product as instructed. It has been 6 days now and no change. Wondering if my PJ bumped something and hurt...
  4. D

Freshwater Ick control

What do I need to do to get rid of Ick for freshwater tank? Tom
  5. D

Aggressive Corals

How do aggressive corals "attack" other corals? Does it release some chemicals? If corals are downstream of it's path, does it cause damage to them? Or is it purely by contact that damage occurs? What if both corals are aggressive? Does the stronger one win? Tom
  6. D

Tom needs coral identified

I have a few corals that needs identification. So I thought I'll start a thread on stuff I have. Some of them may be obivious to you. But I don't know what they are. These are gifts to my son. Tom
  7. D

Sock question

I purchased the draw string socks. I'm a bit embarrassed, is the felt side the inside of the sock or the outside? Tom
  8. D

Maxi-jet differences

I see Maxi-jet of various model and it has the same name with similar "power" but with different brand name. Are they the same? Cobalt Aquatics MJ MarineLand Premium Maxi-jet MarineLand Maxi-Jet pro The cost varies. So if the gph is similar are they the same? Which one is more reliable...
  9. D

Worm like with legs

What is this? I found this in sponge the last 3 times I changed water. They are reddish purple with yellow "head", first 1/3 area. Tom
  10. D

Choosing a chiller

I trying to decide on a chiller for my RSM 500. JBJ seems to be expensive, I'm not against it; I want to know the advantages over other chillers to justify its cost. Can anyone provide insight? I also noticed two types of models one where the led display is on the top of the chiller the other...
  11. D

Tli rsm 500

I purchased my RSM 500 in Oct of 2012, received the goods and slowly assembled the unit. I only have weekends to work on it since I travel during the week. I find that manually fitting the screws on the aluminum frame is better than any power tool. I stripped a couple of heads before...
  12. D

RSM 500 loc-line?

Anyone have loc-line in the s series? I want to know what parts I need to get. Tom
  13. D

RSM 500 Heater placement

I am getting a RSM 500, I was told that I should get an 400w heater and thinking of Hydor THEO. Where is a good location for this heater? I was thinking of the sump tank because I don't want to mess with the look in the tank. Any comment? Tom