Search results

1. snelly50

Ro/di

Has anyone looked at Melev's RO/DI systems?
  2. snelly50

New Overflow and Sump

I finally added a Aqueon Proflex Sump and an Lifereef overflow to my RSM 130. I have the overflow in the back chamber and the return goes into the main tank. The question is have is.....If the grate going to the back chamber gets clogged I could overflow my tank. I was thinking of drilling...
  3. snelly50

RSM 130 Hood Schematics

My LEDS (moon lights) have never worked on my hood so I disassemled the hood this weekend. The lights apprear to be mis-wired. I asked Pinky for a the schematics for the hood yesterdsy. She sent me the LED transformer replacement intructions and the timer replacement insructions but no...
  4. snelly50

Phosphate Reactor

Has anyone adding a "two little fishes" phosphate reactor to a RSM 130?? I don't have a ruge. My algae is otta control
  5. snelly50

Tunze DOC 9002 Skimmer and Intank Media Rack

I just setup the 9002 with my RSM 130 about 48 hours ago. I have had my tank 2 yrs now the the OEM skimmer was doing a terible job. I tried all the suggestiins here and, at best, it was marginal. As of tonight I'm not getting any foaming action just alot of aqueous bubble action. Is it just...
  6. snelly50

Snelly50's RSM Odyssey

New Thread ....7/6/08....added 45lb Figi Rock ($3.50/lb Lucky Fin, Charlotte, NC)
  7. snelly50

Rock turning white

I just set up a Red Sea Max 34 gal tank on July 6th. I added about 40lbs of Fuji Live Rock on 2 weeks ago. Everything was looking good but tonight I noticed it is turning white. My lights are on about 6-7 hr a day only. I'm wondering if something wasn't wrong with the rock when I bought it. I...
  8. snelly50

Critique my Sump

I copied a design from Melev's site. I need to build my Refugium and Sump dseparately and slide them into place. I already built it out of cardbord to make sure they would fit. Please let me know what you think. I'm plan on using 1/4" lexan, weld-on #4 and #16 and and a Siphon Aquarium...
  9. snelly50

Sump Question

I have access to all the lexan I need (free). I have a machine shop that will cut it for me. Should I just buy a 10gal tank and make it into a sump or try to customized one from scratch?? This way I could make a 15-20gal that would fit under my 55gal and copy some of the nice ones that I've...
  10. snelly50

New Guy

Been checking out the site for a few years. My son raves about it so I decided to finally join.