Search results

1. T

Cleaner shrimp ok with crabs

THANKS. Looks like a new cleaner shrimp then:)
  2. T

yup...thats it:) . I will be looking to get a skunk cleaner but i mostly want to watch it clean (no ich in tank) and have something else in my 40 gallon. I am reluctant to add another small fish because the Damsel will probably go after it. As for the crabs, i guess they are hermits, they...
  3. spaten_crop

spaten_crop

4. T

Hi everyone, I want to get a cleaner shrimp for my damsel. The only thing is i have about 5 or 6 crabs (just your basic crabs, probably from Mexico:lol: ). What are the chances that the crabs will go after the shrimp?:guns: I have had the crabs in my tank for about a year. Here he is...
  5. T

Ugly worm, what is it?

:alien: === it's an alien then.:lol: uh, it was very happy in my tank:smirk:
  6. T

Ugly worm, what is it?

It was ling in the substrate, reminded me of sand creatures in Dune.
  7. T

Ugly worm, what is it?

Hmmm, well thanks but still not sure what it is or was (got it out during water change). I would say it was eating something but who cares it was too ugly to keep, just trying to figure where it came from...all my rock was dry when it was added to my tank. I guess you guys think it is a...
  8. T

Ugly worm, what is it?

Have alot of reading up to do since i haven't been here for awhile:doh: , anyway while doing a water change i notice this: Anyone know what this is? sure is ugly.
  9. T

Acrylic vs. Glass

In the past i had acrylic, now i have glass because i wanted an open top and i dont think acrylics have open top like glass. Acrylic as has been stated scratches easier but it is better. It is clearer and reflects less than glasss(which to me is not to nice to look at), also it is very...
  10. T

How do your fish get your attention when they are hungry?

ha ha, too funny. my tank is right on the ground (no stand), i kind of like it like this because the top is mostly open and it's nice to look right through the water. all i have to do is stand over it and my domino knows it time to eat, but he can eat all day long. had him for 2mo's and he...
  11. T

Say hello to my little friend!

I tested for phosphate and low range levels are undetectable, according to my test kit (aquarium solutions) they are zero. If i had corraline covered rock the red algae would hardly be noticeable with only a small amount on the sand and glass. But on the bare rock it starts to grow and gets...
  12. T

OK 2 votes for phosphate reactor, I'll look into phoshate reactor. Even though i never seen one.
  13. T

Its nice to get back into it. I cant seem to find any corraline covered rock here in New York so it looks like I am stuck with what i have for now as the rock i used was dry so not much hope for corraline. I went to LFS and looked at their rock, which was all "base" rock and the guy told me...
  14. T

woowoo. his name is Amstel!! ME Travis:lol: Anyway nice forum here aaaanndd HELLLLLO. Recently set up my fifth tank, well i had five alltogether through the years. This time i swear it will ONLY be FOWLR, just bc i dont want to be tied down to a specific photoperiod AND to avoid heat...