Search results

1. E

Loc-Line Return Kit

I have the s650 and was looking to get a Loc-Line Return Kit. What size would I need to get (3/4 or 1/2 inch). thanks
  2. E

Choff's RSM 650 Build

Mike, Your new rock structure looks amazing! I noticed that you are using the Loc-Line Return Kit. What size did you use? thanks, - Ed
  3. E

ALS Red Sea 650

Hi, What made you decide to get the alpha170 instead of the Vertex Alpha 200? The Alpha 170 is rated at 200 gals and the Alpha 200 is rated at 300 gals? Do you think the 170 is big enough? I also read that if you get a skimmer that is too big then it doesn't skimmer that well. thanks, Ed
  4. E

ALS Red Sea 650

You have a really nice tank and I really like your setup. Is the new skimmer on a stand? What did you do with the green hose that was going into the original skimmer? Did you also upgrade your return pump? Thanks
  5. E

Setting up a QT using Dr Tim's One & Only and Ammonium Chloride

I am trying to do the fishless cycle for my 30 gal QT. I started the process on Wed Nov 20 with One & Only and Ammonium Chloride (1 drop per gal). I am following Dr Tim's Guide to Fishless cycling and when my Nitrites & Ammonium was at 0.5 ppm I added more Ammonium (1 drop per gal) I did this...
  6. E

QT question

I am in the process of setting up a QT. I did the basic 20 gals hob filter using copper in the past and wasn't to happy with that type of treatment. I was thinking about getting a 40 gal long tank. I was thinking about low salinity treatment or maybe just a freshwater dip and in QT for a few...
  7. E

Ed's RSM 650

Thanks I will give it try. I am in the middle of converting my old 57 gal reef tank into my new QT tank. I am moving the tank on a new stand.
  8. E

Ed's RSM 650

Thanks for the pictures. I have the elbow and have one more question. Exactly where on the top do you put the 1/8 hole? Do you get any water flowing out the top hole or any bubbles? Thanks
  9. E

Ed's RSM 650

Mdk16 do you have a closeup picture of your 90 elbow that you are using? Did anybody add a Ball Valve on the return pump?
  10. E

Ed's RSM 650

What size 90 degree elbow did you use? Also is their anyway to control the return flow? Also the return pump is vibrating so much, what did you put your pump on? thanks for all your help
  11. E

Ed's RSM 650

My return nozzle was pointing up to much i will try to point it down but that will cause sand to blow making large piles of sand. Did the 90 degree elbow in the nozzle restrict the flow?
  12. E

Ed's RSM 650

The bottom of the socks are submerged. The first time the hose blew off the return pump I was still using the sponges. Here are some pictures of the right hand side of the sump area. Thanks for your help.
  13. E

Ed's RSM 650

Here are some pictures of my sump.
  14. E

Ed's RSM 650

Yes, I am using the 90 degree elbow and is currently facing down. My sump (right side) has about 8 1/2 inches of water and my water mark on the right side is at the first line. Any suggestions would be very helpful. thanks.
  15. E

Ed's RSM 650

Nothing blocking the pipe. I am getting big blasts of air bubbles every few minutes from the return into the tank.
  16. E

Ed's RSM 650

Ive been having so many issues with the return pump. 2 weeks ago i came home from work to find with a wet carpet from my tank. The return hose blew off of the pump and the return pump was shooting water straight up under my tank which caused all the water from the right side of the sump out of...
  17. E

UV question on a S650

Thank you so much for all your help.
  18. E

UV question on a S650

Where in the sump did you place the pump and the output for the UV? Thanks
  19. E

UV question on a S650

Nob35 in your original setup was the UV underwater in your sump?
  20. E

UV question on a S650

Thank you very much for the pictures they were very helpful. I really like your latest setup.