Search results

1. RedSeaReefer

Red's Led Biocube 29 chronicle

Well I was lucky enough to get a deal on a bc29 with a led upgrade as well as all kinda of odds and ins. Time to start a tank journal! I'll try to make a decent list here.. Keep in mind this is all for $90 that's right.. -Oceanic biocube 29 -Stand with glass front doors -Nanocustoms led kit 12...
  2. RedSeaReefer

Meet the guy behind the Redseareefer

Well iv been a member here for awhile now but never specifically introduced myself. :turntable so here goes nothing My names Ethan i live in southern ohio near Cincinnati and i am totally addicted to reefkeeping.. lol this is RS not RA :yup: Heres a few of my tanks Biggest first...
  3. RedSeaReefer

Iv been thinking.. 20L

For a long time now iv wanted to try a 20L nano with only a few fish, couple choice corals, and LR/Ls as basically the only filter, witn weekly 10g wc. As well as two accordingly sized power heads as circulation. Any thoughts? Too late to wright more. Ill get back later!!
  4. RedSeaReefer

Who likes snakes?

I recently got into the ball python hobby and I absolutly love it!! Here's a few of my babies Female Ppastel Female Lesserbee Male Mojave Female Pastel Het. Pied Male Pastel Het. Pied I really love these critters. AND much easier to care for than corals ;) I did the math and...
  5. RedSeaReefer

How to rebuild a reef

I have a rsm130 with a few frags and alot of live rock and sand and I'd like to rebuild to scape... How would you go about moving everything around without risking a coral getting smashed!! :o :) ill be doing this soon I was thinking maybe a tiny bucket or something to put them in for half hour...
  6. RedSeaReefer

Reef tanks and the fish within

I recently started this thread accedently on my local forum rather than here on RS where theres simply alot more trafic and Exp.. so i figured id do the dreadfull and shamfull re-post here to see where i can get :D I'd like to start this thread as a place to discuss the pros and cons and...
  7. RedSeaReefer

Water parameters and supplement in our reef tanks.

I recently picked up the red sea reef foundation pro test kit that includes mg, ca, and alk tests. I have been having a small battle with green hair and red cyano and recently added a cuc upgrade and a few acans, a frogspawn, a zoa, green digi($5) couldn't pass it up, and a gumball chalice. So...
  8. RedSeaReefer

Snails crabs and more snails!!

Just to be clear.. if I'm adding this many inverts http://www.reefcleaners.org/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_new.tpl&product_id=283&category_id=20&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=34 is it safe to say then that I can feed my corals a little more?? :P ill post pics tomorrow...
  9. RedSeaReefer

Brown slug?

Noticed this a long long time ago with a tiny pink shell and I caught it near the back of the tank tonight in the open! And I quickly tried to catch it but somehow I feel like I only caught the foot or part of it.. Haha I tried to get a good video...
  10. RedSeaReefer

Tiny bluish starfish?

I noticed this a few days ago then noticed it moves real slow lol. No idea what it is or if its a danger but any help on an ID would be awesome!
  11. RedSeaReefer

Red's 130+

A few weeks ago i got a great deal on a RSM130 off CL and proceeded to bring it home. It came with some LR/LS, a Domino and yellow tail Damsel, Mexican turbo snail, peppermint shrimp. Also there are a few equipment upgrades including the Tunze 9003 skimmer and the media rack+skimmer cup...
  12. RedSeaReefer

A fresh light forum

Hey everyone its me again! well its me newaz. so im in the process of upgrading my 75gallon planted aquarium. yesterday i got new glass hoods for more lighting options but what im goin for is a t5ho setup just wondering if anyone has any thoughts. matt?? lol
  13. RedSeaReefer

First salty tank

I recently picked up a RSM 130 with a couple damsels and a tiny Cuc of a Mexican turbo snail and a peppermint shrimp. Few lbs of Lr/Ls. The max has the tunze 9002 and the media rack and skimmer cup upgrade and a half working led wand(blue). Reallly nice setup as far as I can research but I am...